7 replies to this topic

#1 Staff

Staff

Advanced Member

• Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 5785 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 03:10 PM

AIRVPN DOES NOT RECOGNIZE ANYMORE VERISIGN, AFILIAS AND ICANN AUTHORITY. OUR COMMITMENT AGAINST UNITED STATES OF AMERICA UNFAIR AND ILLEGAL DOMAIN NAMES SEIZURES.

The United States of America authorities have been performing domain names seizures since the end of 2010. The seizures have been performed against perfectly legal web-sites and/or against web-sites outside US jurisdiction.

Administrators of some of those web-sites had been previously acquitted of any charge by courts in the European Union.

The domain name seizures affect the world wide web in its entirety since they are performed bypassing the original registrar and forcing VeriSign and Afilias (american companies which administer TLDs like .org, .net, .info and .com) to transfer the domain name to USA authorities property. No proper judicial overview is guaranteed during the seizure.

Given all of the above, we repute that these acts:

- are a violation of EU citizens fundamental rights, as enshrined in the European Convention on Human Rights;
- are an attack against the Internet infrastructure and the cyberspace;
- are a strong hint which shows that decision capacities of USA Department of Justice and ICE are severely impaired;

and therefore from now on AirVPN does not recognize VeriSign, Afilias and/or ICANN authority over domain names. AirVPN refuses to resolve "seized" domain names to the IP address designated by USA authorities, allowing normal access to the original servers' websites / legitimate Ip addresses.

In order to fulfil the objective, we have put in place an experimental service which is already working fine. If you find anomalies, please let us know, the system will surely improve in time.

Kind regards
AirVPN admins

#2 GMPSQ

GMPSQ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 07:59 PM

The United States is an enemy of the Internet. More and more our technology and communications are captured illegaly and stored for many years and then used against us in court. The government seems to sincerely believe that it owns the Internet and regulary hacks into foreign servers to retrieve data, seizes domain names, etc. and any citizen who can be considered a hacker under broad laws will be thrown in prison.

My warning as a US citizen is to watch out, encrypt, keep everything secure, keep data offshore, and avoid any US-influenced entities such as ICANN.

Thank you AirVPN for the great continued service. I've been using multiple VPN connections almost constantly for the past year everywhere and as far as I can see that will continue

#3 giganerd

giganerd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 818 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 January 2015 - 08:03 PM

The government seems to sincerely believe that it owns the Internet

Not only the internet. They give themselves the right to invade any country in the world who doesn't play under their rules.

How to clean your PC from malware to reduce CPU usage and improve speed
I'm running OpenVPN on a router and experience slow speeds. Why?
My DNS leak test shows 54.225.156.17 (US/Amazon). Is it dangerous?
Connections to certain BitTorrent trackers timing out? It's a known issue.

Running a TOR exit node? That's why you shouldn't!
I don't understand the results of ipleak.net! Help!
The search function is a powerful tool. Use it!

#4 Baraka

Baraka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 05:44 AM

They also reserve the right to kill anyone with a drone strike at the push of a button. No trial needed. :no:

#5 psychlops

psychlops

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 11:06 PM

They also reserve the right to kill anyone with a drone strike at the push of a button. No trial needed. :no:

Probably because they decided not to use women and children as suicide bombers, or fire rockets indiscriminately into civilian areas.

But this isn't really the place to discuss it.  :rules:

#6 kon0

kon0

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 February 2015 - 04:24 AM

Probably because they decided not to use women and children as suicide bombers, or fire rockets indiscriminately into civilian areas.

But this isn't really the place to discuss it.  :rules:

8d :good:

#7 d_707

d_707

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 02:24 AM

I live in the US and what is going on hear regarding the internet is really scary.  Thank you AirVPN for taking a stand. 

Best Regards,

Daniel

#8 mystril

mystril

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 12:24 AM

Thank you AirVPN for a terrific service - the only one I trust to be honest.

With the below link explaining what is currently happening in Australia, is there any need for concern or is it business as usual despite what the pathetic government puppets are intending to do here?

http://www.news.com....d-1227393966197

Of most concern is the excerpt from the piece as follows: " ..... the reform wasn’t about just stopping access to torrenting sites such as Pirate Bay or KickassTorrents. It was also designed to stop Aussies from using virtual private networks (VPNs), which can allow Australians to circumvent geoblocks in order to access overseas streaming services."

Please reassure me and all Aussies who use your service, that our AirVPN service won't be affected by this unwelcome affront to freedom on the Internet? :unsure:

Cheers,

myst.