Not connected, Your IP: 34.201.19.151
Staff

ANSWERED AirVPN does not recognize ICANN authority anymore

AIRVPN DOES NOT RECOGNIZE ANYMORE VERISIGN, AFILIAS AND ICANN AUTHORITY. OUR COMMITMENT AGAINST UNITED STATES OF AMERICA UNFAIR AND ILLEGAL DOMAIN NAMES SEIZURES.

The United States of America authorities have been performing domain names seizures since the end of 2010. The seizures have been performed against perfectly legal web-sites and/or against web-sites outside US jurisdiction.

Administrators of some of those web-sites had been previously acquitted of any charge by courts in the European Union.

The domain name seizures affect the world wide web in its entirety since they are performed bypassing the original registrar and forcing VeriSign and Afilias (american companies which administer TLDs like .org, .net, .info and .com) to transfer the domain name to USA authorities property. No proper judicial overview is guaranteed during the seizure.

Given all of the above, we repute that these acts:

- are a violation of EU citizens fundamental rights, as enshrined in the European Convention on Human Rights;

- are an attack against the Internet infrastructure and the cyberspace;

- are a strong hint which shows that decision capacities of USA Department of Justice and ICE are severely impaired;

and therefore from now on AirVPN does not recognize VeriSign, Afilias and/or ICANN authority over domain names. AirVPN refuses to resolve "seized" domain names to the IP address designated by USA authorities, allowing normal access to the original servers' websites / legitimate Ip addresses.

In order to fulfil the objective, we have put in place an experimental service which is already working fine. If you find anomalies, please let us know, the system will surely improve in time.

Kind regards

AirVPN admins

The United States is an enemy of the Internet. More and more our technology and communications are captured illegaly and stored for many years and then used against us in court. The government seems to sincerely believe that it owns the Internet and regulary hacks into foreign servers to retrieve data, seizes domain names, etc. and any citizen who can be considered a hacker under broad laws will be thrown in prison.

My warning as a US citizen is to watch out, encrypt, keep everything secure, keep data offshore, and avoid any US-influenced entities such as ICANN.

Thank you AirVPN for the great continued service. I've been using multiple VPN connections almost constantly for the past year everywhere and as far as I can see that will continue

The government seems to sincerely believe that it owns the Internet

Not only the internet. They give themselves the right to invade any country in the world who doesn't play under their rules.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

They also reserve the right to kill anyone with a drone strike at the push of a button. No trial needed.

Probably because they decided not to use women and children as suicide bombers, or fire rockets indiscriminately into civilian areas.

But this isn't really the place to discuss it. 

They also reserve the right to kill anyone with a drone strike at the push of a button. No trial needed.

Probably because they decided not to use women and children as suicide bombers, or fire rockets indiscriminately into civilian areas.

But this isn't really the place to discuss it. 

I live in the US and what is going on hear regarding the internet is really scary.  Thank you AirVPN for taking a stand. 

Best Regards,

Daniel

Thank you AirVPN for a terrific service - the only one I trust to be honest.

With the below link explaining what is currently happening in Australia, is there any need for concern or is it business as usual despite what the pathetic government puppets are intending to do here?

http://www.news.com.au/technology/online/days-numbered-for-illegal-downloaders-as-crackdown-is-given-tick-of-approval/story-fnjwneld-1227393966197

Of most concern is the excerpt from the piece as follows: " ..... the reform wasn’t about just stopping access to torrenting sites such as Pirate Bay or KickassTorrents. It was also designed to stop Aussies from using virtual private networks (VPNs), which can allow Australians to circumvent geoblocks in order to access overseas streaming services."

Please reassure me and all Aussies who use your service, that our AirVPN service won't be affected by this unwelcome affront to freedom on the Internet?

Cheers,

myst.

Superiority starts on the web site of a vpn provider.Look which trackers are there .

​On the website from Airvpn, you find only pikwik:harmless and opensource.

​Have a nice day, Casper

I like where AirVPN fits into a safe and uncensored internet.  I hope AirVPN can continue to do this effectively after TTIP takes a hold.  It will be stronger than ICANN.  Avaaz.org has covered some of this.

But I'm just here to hide from the advertising. facebook blocked me straight away and started whining about verification so I know it is working

Thank you AirVPN for a terrific service - the only one I trust to be honest.

With the below link explaining what is currently happening in Australia, is there any need for concern or is it business as usual despite what the pathetic government puppets are intending to do here?

http://www.news.com.au/technology/online/days-numbered-for-illegal-downloaders-as-crackdown-is-given-tick-of-approval/story-fnjwneld-1227393966197

Of most concern is the excerpt from the piece as follows: " ..... the reform wasn’t about just stopping access to torrenting sites such as Pirate Bay or KickassTorrents. It was also designed to stop Aussies from using virtual private networks (VPNs), which can allow Australians to circumvent geoblocks in order to access overseas streaming services."

Please reassure me and all Aussies who use your service, that our AirVPN service won't be affected by this unwelcome affront to freedom on the Internet?

Cheers,

I do hope you check back on this post at some point soon for your answer, as it is not well known im going to stick my neck out here and go ahead and post this to a forum on the clear.... shutters me to think about....

But out of LOVE FOR MY NEIGHBORS, MY PEOPLE, MY SEEDS, AND THEIR FUTURE i give you this head start. Do some reasearch into the:   T.P.P.               aka the Trans-Pacific Partnership... its lead by the worlds superpower of course, and has been meeting for over 6 years, making sometimes minimal, and sometimes extreme guidelines that each country agrees to follow, usually based on the USA's lead. IOP pharms with API's and pseudoephedrine and stuff is a mild example. not one country will sell it to us...hmmm. anyways...      there is no vote to who we send there to represent our best interests as commonfolk, just the best interests in the elitists' insatiable appetite for power and control of its people. I am a patriot, in every sense of the word. don't get that mistaken.... but the fact is, we have a habit of claiming domains for just ourselves and putting regs into place to control the people who were indigenous to those domains when we arrived; this is referred to as militarization. (To wrap this up, we stole our country's land from native americans forcefully=MILITARIZED, we currently say free trade order what you want where you want, yet our navy literally has control of every ocean on this planet right now... essentially a high-school cop with a drug dog=MILITARIZED.. but it was fear that drove us to that left turn away from where they were checking bags because we had some D@nK BUD5! land and water of planet earth covered.. hmmm what was next.... ah yes that space race with that other Superpower that we had a lot to gain from humiliating and urging their citizens to say enough and......     revolt     against an oppressive/militarized government (it was the same guy who started the failed/misleading war on drugs, and his whore wife who may have "Just Said No" to smoking the reefer, but probably took it over and over and over in the ass for her reward and position besides him, sex used a means for personal gain or reward is called behind a dirty, filthy, whore...He probably made her sleep  on the couch he was so disgusted with her by then. anyways

Remember how proud we were when we saw astronauts put the American Flag, our one country in this whole fucking globe that matters, on the moon!.ahhhh yes, now we have claimed outer space. that gets trickier as it is much more complicated to militarize an almost infinitely expanding realm of which we knew nothing about beyond what was immediately around us, but hey we got our flag there first damnit to show the world we are not to be fucked with. . yet the pen-pushers, their underpaid good squads waiting on their 2nd heart attack and 4th failed marriage, who don't even have enough self respect to wear a tupee to cover that shitty balding combover, (but nor would I if i realized one day my life's work was actually being conned by those above me into doing their dirty work, allowing them to stack millions and millions, get rich, throw parties, do as they want... because of the work I do at putting their opposition in small rat-like\ cages). When I walk into my studio apartment, check my bank account online (which everyone knows already because of "the leaks"), and see another GOD DAMN overdraft charge... i think id round up every sedative narcotic and opoid i've been legally prescribed for years (not realizing the correlation between sedation of the public into cooperation - of course) and swallow them all with the hope of going to a much much better place than here.  alot of this is rambling, but this is the serious part....

The TPP doesn't have to answer to anyone, and they are secretly making decisions on the biggest policies all our countries are facing. so back on track we, the us of a.have no stolen/seized land, oceans, and even space. yet insatiable's definition means it is NEVER enough, it never will, nor never can stop. so the next best fruit for the picking of Militarizing a zone so far ahead of time and in secret that the people wouldn't even realize it. well we did, thanks to ed, could you make that decision knowing what awaits you and your family? he stated he watched the "brutal tortures, and unspeakable murders of many many Innocent people" real time from behind the screen in a bunker somewhere. so the final frontier is no longer space; (I hate this word but for the topics sake...) CYBERSPACE. this shit has been going on for decades being militarized to be used against its enemies or threats of lifestyle, which now include its own fucking people, who were never EXPECTING an attack or preparing a defense for those decades.. we trusted our reps. who betrayed that trust for profit and self-interest.. which would by definition mean the citizens of cyberspace (EVERYONE THESE DAYS) were attacked .... and there is no reason.. other than the thin veil of fucking "terrorism". enough already! we went in STAT and sniped off Osama bin Ladens head. who are all these rogue terrorists working for? sadam was hiding in a whole just to survive, even though there is proof now he had no ties to al queada or aiding them.... he know that whether the motive was what we stated on tv (typically lies) or what things like SOPA would have laid out, or the NO FEAR and PATRIOT ACT were used as cover for because we needed to secure a dark sludgey resource there to remain a superpower... he knew that we would not stop until we got him. history does indeed repeat itsef, but it also corrects itself as time goes on.

SOrry about the length, ill cut it into 2 points.

1) i wanna shout out to any of the previous stated actors who like to conrol things and make other people do their work for them, you have no integrity. you truely are a piece of shit... and though i'm not so religious, you literally want to make me believe there is a hell just for the fact that I know there'd be a torture chair waiting for you there.. you sould your soul to the devil for a couple of dollars... no wonder why you make such irrational and cold-hearted decisions, i spit at you

2)  Realize this for what it is, don't let fear keep us silent.. do  what you feel is morally right. cyberspace is the most important topic of the day, we have to protect this realm,  it is TOO POWERFUL OF A RESOURCE FOR ONE NATION TO CONTROL, even the whole world. If we destroyed ourselves someday soon, yet could find a way to let the internet survive, including the free speech of every individual who lived here to celebrate our diversity, our cognitive recognition as higher intelligent beings, the most complete library of our history, and for gods sake, it literally holds our genomes, or DNA, our mutations, our medical advancements.... this must be protected people WAKE THE FUCK UP. toss the xanax away and start giving a shit again. we have alot of work, and you'll have to trust me when i saw that the TPP that it extends WELL beyond blocking VPN's in what are ironically enough  considered the most "free" countries in the world. It seems like that might be the final nail in the coffin for some people to start looking for solutions, and technology can help here as well, as one can trade in an AR for a command line terminal and Do Even worse damage than simply shooting someone, yet they couldnt risk a conflict of interest within the military or their goon squads; so the pen-pushers would be cornered, they pay people to do all this shit. look at how the general handled secret messages with his mistriss....the best plan he had, was to store them in plain text under drafts in a shitty email system not known for fort knox like security. HAHAHAHAHAH! hahahahaaha. but in alll seriousness if an adversaries goal is control, they know they could never do so with the second amendment still in place and PRACTICED/USED. it is our god given right that document states, and i think its fucked up they fired that fox news guy for this comment because it couldn't be more true "our forefathers put the second amendment into place not to defend our homes from solely neighbors, but moreso to defend our country of tyrants.  Let that one settle...." hahaha awesome                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        

This can be brushed off as a conspiracy theory, but its the truth. No point need be made than what would have been considered insane conspiracy theories for possibly the end our lives, if it weren't a high clearance employee that went by the name "Ed" to family and friends. (Family: ALL of them worked in low to high rank parts of gov. and espionage activities under independently contracted (OUR FAVS! - no liability) companies who employed people like Ed. I beiieve it was his interview with wired, we're he chuckles as he recalls a story - tucked away in an abandoned bunker in hawaii i believe it was. His "team" was attempting to CRACK into a sensitive, well protected server in a certain country across the pond, and beyond. One of his co workers broke up their normal quiet workdays with an "Oh fuck oh fuck!", as he had accidentally bricked the entire server, rendering it not only useless but anyone in the area who cared and had a decent skill level in the field could have seen where the attack came from. they paced about it back and forth a while, and the nervousness was broken when someone (ed) stated, "well... we always have Serbia to blame it on." they laughed it off and went back to business as usual. this is just a good story verified to be legitimate on how our goon squads get their directives and orders.  _ i highly suggest reading "the art of war" by sun tzu. it transcends the retards way of war that humans have been fighting for thousands of years... and more on the philosophy, or art, of war. How to defeat ones opponent before the "shot heard round the world" persay, the best offense is a good ass defense, and with the feds eyeing encryption with apple (pgp is one of the last platforms available to us to speak freely and only to the meant recipient = our first fucking amendment has come down to the worth of PGP software.......) Tim Cook has NO FEAR (get it..) and he's well aware of the tactics used to break a mans spirit by the goon squad. but he mentioned over and over it was not about him nor the company, it was about an idea, a belief, and the realization that what we impulsively chose to do now, could seriously, seriously affect our future - as it did Rome. Subsequently followed by the dark ages.. and so on. I would say write your congressman, but they have already sold out to the same system whether or not there is a D or R next to their name, their interests now are no more bull-moose parties, no independents ever having a shot, silencing the vote of the people. I would guess the best place to start is to to protect the things we have already, value them truely, and devote as much time as possible to invoke change for the better without advocating violence. we have the most brilliant minds and morally pure people on OUR side because their souls have no price tag. they are led by what they feel is right. how else can one explain a victory in 1777 against a 10-1 soldier outvantage. the 10 were there on the queens behalf, the 1 had a cause. you can kill the man maybe, but never the cause.

AirVPN you run a service that appreciation in words cannot describe...... just wish i could get it to work im an amateur for the reason of never having the confidence to access due to prying eyes. so please if there is some advice that you or anyone could give id be very appreciative. 

THANKS IN ADVANCE>

I really hope AirVPN stands behind the their words, and are not like our politicians who say one thing then  stab you in a your back.  Americans are oppressed as well, they are just to stupid to know and for some reason believe that handing more power to the government is a good thing.

Hello !

AirVPN is just legendary haha!

5080607.jpg

67675029.jpg

67675061.jpg

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

The Decentraliced Web Summit is taking place these days. http://www.decentralizedweb.net/

There is this article about it. http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/08/technology/the-webs-creator-looks-to-reinvent-it.html?_r=0

I think we're living  in an era, the first since the neolithic revolution (> 10000 years), were for the first time, humanity don't need centraliced services, states, or big global companies which dictates everything.

Thanks to the internet, which makes it possible to make business with people around the world, interact and share opinions etc. without some state or supranational associations controlling everything or oppressing their citizens.

That was Tim Berners-Lee (and ofc. other people) creation and vision.

This big companies and elitist probably know this, that their influence is getting weaker.

Probably that's why they can't afford to not control the internet and restrict people's actions. They're spying, prohibit, ban, forbid, illegallize, put in jail etc.

Just think about it: It's the same when the invention of printing came out. The higher nobles feared that the proletariat would get educated and start questioning their decisions.

The higher education would make them autonomous, independent and enable a new living style. Free of the noble's reigns.

Same is happening today. We need to act against it and protect us.

Thanks airvpn team and all the people around the globe who are not tolerate this wrong development and take stand.

pretty scared of this shit and new administration is far worse than the last which at least claimed to respect the ideas of net neutrality to some degree.

most americans, people all over the world realy, have no idea how the internet even works and don't understand what it is they are losing. same with complex science concept, it ends up being a tool of politics. all this stuff is being done in the name of security and people don't have understanding of networks so they believe it.

I resubscribed this past month as I trust our internet even less with the likes of Pai at the helm of the FCC. I have found your service useful in the past, but always found using and optimizing a VPN connection a bit of a pain. This time I doubled down to make it transparent and automatic at home and on the go. Got it working even better than my naked connection. Better I say? Why yes. I get the same speed with only a few ms difference in ping times. But now I realize more has been happening than I realized. I can access sites that I could not access before. The censorship has already begun. I use an exit node in Canada with better privacy laws but good pings. It is illegal to eavesdrop and sell subscriber browsing data there, which I know Airvpn wouldn't do and their server host there would be forbidden to do so. Pai has given the green light here for all kinds of snooping and sale of information. So now I am a permanent subscriber to Airvpn and will recommend others do the same. Thank you for a high quality service I can even route my online games through with no noticeable issues. For honerable mention, let's not forget the Open NIC project. Those are good backup DNS servers that do not rely on ICANN for their root servers. Add them to your Airvpn config as secondary servers. A VPN is but 1 tool in this war, but this is best in class for that tool. I still keep backups to you in the form of free VPNs with Tor tunneled through them(as I would not trust the free VPN like I do Airvpn, it would just be used to thwart any filtering of Tor in this temporary scenario) to get me online privately if your service ever goes down which I hope it doesn't. Either way, I am giving them nothing to sell. Bottom line is be ready for anything now, which the staff here already convey very well.

You all hatin on USA like they the only nation with government "owning" the net. Point that f****** finger up the ass of whichever government controls wherever the fuck you are. If your government is not in on it, it is only because they can't afford to be, though more likely you simply don't know about it. Show me a transparent government and I will show you a list of lies. Don't be blind and naive. Support free and open source and meanwhile learn to code if you want to support this very real struggle for our digital future in any way besides bitching, trolling, and feeling sorry for yourself. Are there battles that have been won by crying and complaining? If so I am not privy..

AirVPN is without a doubt the single best VPN service provider on the planet. Competitors barely keep up, if at all; I honestly can't even remember any of their names, but it wouldn't make a difference if I could anyway.
....Seriously, what don't you guys do?

I've been a happy AirVPN customer for the last 3 years, and I will likely continue doing so for the rest of my life. You guys are, like, the Mercedez-Benz of VPN providers. I'm serious! Sadly, it is uncommon to come across such a high quality product/service these days and AirVPN is one of those few forerunners.
cheers boys keep it up

On 8/5/2011 at 5:10 PM, Staff said:
...and therefore from now on AirVPN does not recognize VeriSign, Afilias and/or ICANN authority over domain names. AirVPN refuses to resolve "seized" domain names to the IP address designated by USA authorities, allowing normal access to the original servers' websites / legitimate Ip addresses.
This is exactly what any serious ISP should do.
Trust is earned and lost thru actions.

BTW: I still do not understand how I have not discovered AirVPN services before!

Switched to GNU/Linux 11+ years ago & never looked back. Proud to be free.