Not connected, Your IP: 44.200.74.73

I just got done configuring my dd-wrt router and took a looks at dnsleasktest.com and ipleak.net to see if I had any dns leak problem.

dnsleaktest shows two dns servers active, 1 is my airvpn exit node, the other isn't. It is located in the US, my exit node is located in Canada.

when I look at ipleak.net I only show one dns server and it is the exit node.

which is correct and why am I seeing two different answers?

Hello!

The discrepancy is very strange. Is the 2nd DNS displayed by dnsleaktest a "plausible" one? We'll need to investigate on the matter. In the meantime, can you please tell us your DNS settings in your DD-WRT router?

Kind regards

from ipleak.net

Your IP Address

184.75.214.163ca.png
Canada - Ontario 
Amanah Tech - AirVPN Server (Exit) 

Detected DNS Address

184.75.214.163ca.png
Canada - Ontario 
Amanah Tech - AirVPN Server (Exit) 

from dnsleaktest.com

IP: 184.75.214.163 Hostname: 184-75-214-163.amanah.com ISP: Amanah Tech Country: Canadaca.png

IP: 54.246.124.152 Hostname: ec2-54-246-124-152.eu-west-1.compute.amazonaws.com ISP: Merck and Co. Country: United Statesus.png

from https://www.dns-oarc.net/oarc/services/dnsentropy

DNS Resolver(s) Tested:

1. 54.246.124.152 (ec2-54-246-124-152.eu-west-1.compute.amazonaws.com) appears to have GREAT source port randomness and GREAT transaction ID randomness.
  2. 184.75.214.163 (184-75-214-163.amanah.com) appears to have GREAT source port randomness and GREAT transaction ID randomness.
  3. 54.225.156.17 (ec2-54-225-156-17.compute-1.amazonaws.com) appears to have GREAT source port randomness and GREAT transaction ID randomness.

My VPN

is showing 

DNS 1
DNS 2
DNS 3

I had just DNS 1 set to 10.4.0.1 earlier but the router was showing some other DNS entries in DNS 2 and 3 when I looked on the WAN page under Status, so I added .6 and .5 under Network Address Server Settings (DHCP)

I've rebooted my Mac and the router several times, with no change.

Hello!

Ok, another of our DNS servers runs on 54.246.124.152, it is a failover DNS in case the first VPN DNS server fails. So it's not a leak. However, you should see it only when the first DNS fails.  It remains to be seen why ipleak.net does not display it and dnsleaktest.com does. From various tests, dnsleaktest does not display it (at moment of this writing) from Cephei. Maybe 184.75.214.163 DNS failed just when you run the test, causing the query to be sent to the "backup" DNS. We will investigate, anyway no action from your side is required and no DNS leak is occurring from your system.

Can you please tell us whether you get those results on a regular basis? If so, can you please try to delete "10.5.0.1" and "10.6.0.1" (using therefore only 10.4.0.1) and test again?

Kind regards

If I take .5 an .6 out, I get verizon DNS servers populated automatically...I have verizon as a service provider. I still see the 54.246.124.152 and 54.225.156.17 with .4 .5 and .6 as DNS

Hello!

Is the Verizon DNS inserted somewhere in your router or in the device used to perform the DNS check? If so, wipe it out.

Kind regards