Not connected, Your IP: 3.146.34.191
Sign in to follow this  
borgi

Are extreme speed diffrence common? (10mbps to 0.6mbps)

Hi,

I already feel terrible for writing this, since most users here probably are sick of these kinda topics, but this kind of was not what i expected.

This is my second day using AirVPN. I started with "Serpentis", but since the IP was banned on a lot of places i switched to "cygni". On both i get >100ping and i got about 10-12mbit download speed ...yesterday. Today i come from work and wondering wht is up with youtube, can't load any video probably, then i ran the speedtest and i get 0.6mb/s download.

OK i know the speed's depend on the server load, but the server load is not anything different from yesterday(and bandwithwise far from the limit), and the ping is allright too. My Internet-connection is pretty much topnotch (150/75)  so that probably isn't the problem.

I guess there may be more to it, some technical fault, something wrong with the infrastructure in/around the data-center but common, 500kbps ?

A big question here is, do these kinda things happen often? I will probably get to see over my remaining 20+ days premium, i would still like to hear peoples experience with these things. In my initial research that i did before buying premium here, people mentioned some varying speeds, but nothing the sort of which i experienced today.

Hello,

as you have correctly noticed, Cygni load has been more or less constant during last days. Such extreme performance differences are usually due to network congestion, from your ISP or anywhere between your node and our node, or (but in this case you would be warned on the servers monitor and we confirm you that Cygni has had no problems) to some server malfunctioning (typical example: packet loss) or attack against the server itself.

Check the servers monitor https://airvpn.org/status and the Ping Matrix https://airvpn.org/pingmatrix to have an overview of the servers. Do not hesitate to switch server to perform a comparison. Also, you might like to have a look at your OpenVPN logs to check whether there's some intermittent problem (such as packet loss, or packet fragmentation). If in doubt, do not hesitate to send us a copy of the logs, taken while the problem is occurring.

Kind regards