Not connected, Your IP: 3.139.238.76
Sign in to follow this  
Stem

ANSWERED Forwarded Ports

Hello,

Currently unable to get "Forwarded Ports" working. (have seen this problem on/off for a while)

It appears,at least when testing using your "Check" option,  that when your server/gateway (currently "Leporis server (95.211.191.33, UDP")) is forwarding the selected ports(selected/set in "Client area), the forwarded packets are being sent to my external IP rather than down the encryted stream to the internal openVPN IP. So of course, those are being blocked.

Could you please look into the problem. Thanks,

Hello,

we have just checked Leporis AND your account, everything is fine.

Packets are forwarded to your VPN IP. Then, of course, you receive them encapsulated and encrypted from the VPN server Entry-IP address to your public IP address. When they are on the tun interface, they are already decrypted by OpenVPN and have the "real" header and payload.

At this moment, we have tested that TCP packets are sent correctly to your system, and are actively rejected (we see Connection refused (111), not Connection timed out (110)), so perhaps it might be a firewall problem. Also, what is the service listening to your remotely forwarded ports?

Kind regards

Hello,

It was a misconfiguration of the listening service, so the inbound was being dropped.

I should of re-checked the service(application) setup, I was looking at this as a packet filtering problem when it was not.

Sorry for the time-waste.

Regards,