Not connected, Your IP: 3.94.99.173
Sign in to follow this  
Staff

Vega server status

UPDATE: VEGA SERVER IS UP AND RUNNING

Hello!

At around 1 PM CET the american server Vega suddenly went offline and became completely unresponsive.

We're investigating into the issue. We also have now confirmation that a datecenter technician is taking care of it to determine what happened and try to put the server online again.

We will keep you posted. In the meantime, if you need a USA server, we kindly ask you to connect to Sigma.

We're ready to add an additional server if the downtime were to affect the guaranteed bandwidth we are committed to provide.

Kind regards

AirVPN admins

Hello!

Since the downtime has now exceeded 48 hours, the "shadow" server Altair has been brought back online to provide further bandwidth until Vega is repaired.

Kind regards

AirVPN admins

Thanks Guys for providing us with an alternative - "Altair" till Vega server issues is resolved

I must say that I am impressed with the speed of Altair so far ...so this has been a worthwhile alternative ( could you guys think of continuing to provide it )

Anyways .. also want to point out that though Vega is supposed to be a US based server, my browser always used to detect it being located in HongKong ( for example : Open Google and browser will default to Google HK - WEIRD ! )... which means it used to detect the IP as an HK IP . This was the case for Vega only...so never used that one much ! Been using 'Sigma' mostly.

Here's hoping we will have another US server ready for us soon

@balthazett

Hello and thank you for your nice words!

We assure you that we'll continue to do our best to improve the service. Altair has been relocated to what we like to call a "shadow" server, that is a server that should be kept hidden and ready in a few minutes/hours for any emergency.

You're right, Google detects Vega IP address as allocated to Hong Kong. We suspect this happens because the address block has been spread by IANA in several and very distant areas in the world. Unfortunately we can't do anything about this, apart from warning Google about the mistake. It's very important, however, that US based geo-discriminatory services properly detect the IP address as from the USA, so that it's possible for our premium members to access those services (e.g. Hulu, Netflix, Pandora) even when they travel or live outside the USA.

Last news on Vega are not good at the moment, the server does not boot - we hope it's not a serious hardware failure. We will keep you posted as soon as we receive more details.

Kind regards

AirVPN admins

Hi,

there still seems to be a problem with Vega. I do see it in the server list, but when selected the connection is never established. Not a problem with any other server, they just work fine, so it seems unlikely that this is an issue related to my laptop/equipment or provider.

Any idea? Does anyone else experience that problem?

SpookySR wrote:

Hi,

there still seems to be a problem with Vega. I do see it in the server list, but when selected the connection is never established. Not a problem with any other server, they just work fine, so it seems unlikely that this is an issue related to my laptop/equipment or provider.

Any idea? Does anyone else experience that problem?

Hello!

It's not your fault, Vega went down again presumably just a few hours after it was up again.

We are starting to look into it, and we might need further clarifications from the datacenter. We will keep you updated.

We apologize for the inconvenience which is unfortunately not depending on us.

Kind regards

AirVPN admins

May be you guys should start looking at some new US based providers as the 'Vega' server has been problematic for such a long period in past weeks

I am sure customers would appreciate a back-up server in USA ; similar to Altair.