Not connected, Your IP: 18.226.28.197
zombie1982

Skype start to block VPN Providers ?

Hello, since weeks I recognize problems with tablet of my wife. Shes always connected to german vpn and since few week she cant call to friends anymore. Her account is online but she can not call. Friends and herself see always "missed calls". So I changed to Netherlands vpn LEPORIS and now its working again. I tested few times and with other vpn servers or w/o vpn we can call and talk through skype but not with german server TAURI. Strange ha ? 

I searched in inet and found that skype starts to block several vpn providers !?

Somebody else with skype problems ?

Hello,

thank you very much for the information. We'll check it out and update the thread.

Kind regards

Hello, I experience the same issues.

There is a German Skype support threat, which seems to have whitelisted some IPs from Cyberghost-VPN

Is the admin in contact with Skype? If not, could you please provide a List, with all Exit-IPs (I don't wan't to connect to every server, to find them out), so I can contact the Skype staff myself?

Kind regards

Use of Skype during an AirVPN session de-anonymizes that particular AirVPN session for as long as you remain connected to AirVPN. Something to consider.

Use of Skype during an AirVPN session de-anonymizes that particular AirVPN session for as long as you remain connected to AirVPN. Something to consider.

What you mean ? And why "de-anonymize" ?

Hello,

if you use your Skype account with AND without VPN, anybody can correlate your real IP address with your VPN IP address, due to a Skype exploit that lets anyone easily get your IP address in a few seconds . When you're connected to the VPN, they'll get the VPN IP address, when you're not, they'll get your real IP address, so they can correlate those two addresses.

Additionally, if your Skype account can disclose your real identity, potentially all of your VPN activities could be correlated to your real identity by a sufficiently powerful adversary, simply because it's you the one that's giving away your identity.

Skype should never be used for security and privacy purposes. Anyway if you're really forced to do so, at least never mix the same account with VPN and non-VPN connections, and never use an account that can somehow reveal your real identity (this is very difficult).

Kind regards

Hello,

if you use your Skype account with AND without VPN, anybody can correlate your real IP address with your VPN IP address, due to a Skype exploit that lets anyone easily get your IP address in a few seconds . When you're connected to the VPN, they'll get the VPN IP address, when you're not, they'll get your real IP address, so they can correlate those two addresses.

Additionally, if your Skype account can disclose your real identity, potentially all of your VPN activities could be correlated to your real identity by a sufficiently powerful adversary, simply because it's you the one that's giving away your identity.

Skype should never be used for security and privacy purposes. Anyway if you're really forced to do so, at least never mix the same account with VPN and non-VPN connections, and never use an account that can somehow reveal your real identity (this is very difficult).

Kind regards

This puts me off installing skype forever !

Can one not use a more privacy,  secure email (ie in europe) and with ip masking,  setup a skype account under fake username and details and then log onto it with AirVPN ?

From my understanding they will only see the AirVPN ip address ?  Provided all internet is blocked in case VPN drops.....

Skype with care – Microsoft is reading everything you write
http://www.h-online.com/security/news/item/Skype-with-care-Microsoft-is-reading-everything-you-write-1862870.html

Microsoft’s tweaks to Skype could facilitate wiretapping
http://www.extremetech.com/computing/132935-microsoft-tweaking-skype-to-facilitate-wiretapping

NSA leaks hint Microsoft may have lied about Skype security
http://rt.com/usa/gallagher-nsa-microsoft-skype-653/

If you have to use VoIP there are Skype alternatives on PRISM Break.