Not connected, Your IP: 18.191.88.249

I just noticed that even though my server (Singapore) was saying download speed was zero and web pages wouldn't load, Utorrent (1.82) was downloading at 100kB/s, making me think it must be bypassing AirVPN.

I have looked at some FAQs but didn't find anything that indicated that this might be happening. Could you please advise on this? In the meantime I have closed Utorrent.

I just noticed that even though my server (Singapore) was saying download speed was zero and web pages wouldn't load, Utorrent (1.82) was downloading at 100kB/s, making me think it must be bypassing AirVPN.

I have looked at some FAQs but didn't find anything that indicated that this might be happening. Could you please advise on this? In the meantime I have closed Utorrent.

Hello,

more probably it's just a DNS problem. uTorrent does not need DNS resolution to work properly, so (if you have a DNS problem) the programs that need DNS resolution will not work properly, while those that do not need it will. Anyway all of them would be tunneled, if the VPN connection has been established properly.

In order to check, verify and fix all of the above, can you please send us your client logs and tell us your computer OS?

Kind regards

Thanks for your very quick customer service.

My OS is Windows 8.1 trial, and I am using an old version of Utorrent, 1.82, because a private tracker I belong to insists on it.

AirVPN log attached.

AirVPN log.txt

Hello,

apart a couple of disconnections, the logs do not show any problem related to connection itself or DNS push. Try to force 10.4.0.1 as primary DNS of your physical (WiFi and/or Ethernet) network interface, it might fix the issue.

Kind regards

Thanks, I don't think my technical knowledge extends to doing what you suggest though.

However, this morning I found a tool on Google called Torguard which put a torrent IP checker in my Utorrent. According to it my torrents are directed to the same IP as the Singapore server I am connected to,

So I'm wondering if yesterday was just a glitch?

Hello,

Please make sure to disable ipv6/teredo in Windows.  Torrents can find a way over those.

Could you please provide more information or a link about why I should do this? Google wasn't much help. Thanks.