Not connected, Your IP: 13.58.150.59
Sign in to follow this  
zhang888

Idea for a project - Native DD-WRT/Tomato OpenVPN applet

Hello Air community,

Recently I have been looking for a more intuitive way of configuring DD-WRT/Tomato routers and OpenVPN,

Especially when it comes to selective "per-device" routing and a more flexible config selector, for example in order to change the country.

We all know that the native OpenVPN client in DD-WRT is very limited, you cannot do pretty much anything without manually editing the .conf files from the commands menu.

I have seen a good implementation of a native OpenVPN app from Astrill, however

I really didn't like the idea that they made it very obscure and closed, while they rely on open source products such as OpenVPN and DD-WRT.

Ddwrt-astrill-applet-mypage.png

Tomato-astrill-applet-page.jpg

And decided to reverse engineer it to make it work with AirVPN or any other provider for that matter.

This should both solve many beginners questions about how to do it right, as well as help power-users with a quick and easy options access.

The decoded script is available here :

http://pastebin.com/07hVy2XL

If anyone is willing to help, it could be very nice to port it in order to support AirVPN   

Occasional moderator, sometimes BOFH. Opinions are my own, except when my wife disagrees.

100% agree to this,  would be awesome to have more options via the router like change of servers etc