Not connected, Your IP: 52.90.50.252
Sign in to follow this  
dd79

Which one is safer? FTP (via VPN), Torrent (via VPN), or Usenet?

Safer in what way? From receiving DMCA complaints? From NSA surveillance? For anonymity purposes? Or...?

Remember newsgroups does not upload your data.... only downloads it

Also companies like astraweb suggest they do not hold any logs or info see here:

http://www.news.astraweb.com/privacy.html

last line they say they do not hold the details of the type of file downloaded,  only amount and ip address.... so in theory only the VPN ip address gets logged here and the amount you downloaded ie 1gig.

Course take it all with a pinch of salt I can not 100% confirm what they say is true we all know what happen to those hackers recently and that "other" VPN service !

I still feel newsgroups is the safer option for downloading your linux isos.  Course I would suggest follow the guide lines in here about setting up your p2p software with AirVPN and remember that any Illegal downloading is still Illegal and not allowed,  you can check your government website to check the Law and Penalty.

mhalen Why not? This is a place for people that are interested in security, and online privacy.

Royee Thanks for your input. And yes I did read about that other VPN company.

From receiving complaints of any kind.

FTP or NNTP over VPN. Or torrents over VPN, over a secure, anon proxy.

From receiving complaints of any kind.

FTP or NNTP over VPN. Or torrents over VPN, over a secure, anon proxy.

Hello,

torrenting over a proxy is a bad idea (security risks). p2p while the system is connected to the VPN with p2p client bound to tun/tap interface or firewall rules set to prevent leaks in case of unexpected VPN disconnection is to be preferred. See our How-To for more details.

Kind regards

I have a question has AirVPN ever received communication from law or any other bodies in relation to "tracking someone" or "what someone's doing" or in relation to p2p activities before ?

How would you respond to it anyhow,  is it not impossible to tell once someone is connected to a vpn server and there are dozens of others using the same ip address ?

I have a question has AirVPN ever received communication from law or any other bodies in relation to "tracking someone" or "what someone's doing" or in relation to p2p activities before ?

How would you respond to it anyhow,  is it not impossible to tell once someone is connected to a vpn server and there are dozens of others using the same ip address ?

Hello,

about p2p activities: we have never received any communication or request of any kind from legal authorities (neither jurisdictionally competent nor jurisdictionally not competent).

From private entities, we have received communications of alleged copyright infringements perpetrated through usage of p2p protocols through some of our servers, but we have never received any request of data disclosure. Until now all of such communications have never been accompanied by any proof, and now and then they referred to servers which were not operational at the time of the alleged infringement, casting serious doubts about the validity of any similar allegation.

In case of personal data disclosure requests from private entities, the request would be simply ignored or in extreme cases cause us to report the private entity to competent authorities, because in general complying to such requests, in our jurisdiction, would imply to commit civil and criminal infringements.

In every other case, we can't give away information that we do not have.

Kind regards

Hello,

about p2p activities: we have never received any communication or request of any kind from legal authorities (neither jurisdictionally competent nor jurisdictionally not competent).

From private entities, we have received communications of alleged copyright infringements perpetrated through usage of p2p protocols through some of our servers, but we have never received any request of data disclosure. Until now all of such communications have never been accompanied by any proof, and now and then they referred to servers which were not operational at the time of the alleged infringement, casting serious doubts about the validity of any similar allegation.

In case of personal data disclosure requests from private entities, the request would be simply ignored or in extreme cases cause us to report the private entity to competent authorities, because in general complying to such requests, in our jurisdiction, would imply to commit civil and criminal infringements.

In every other case, we can't give away information that we do not have.

Kind regards

Thanks and informative to hear,  I do enjoy recommending AirVPN around the net

Am I right or wrong when I say its impossible for anyone to really pin anything on anyone considering so many are connected to an AirpVPN server,  so they all share the same ip address?