Not connected, Your IP: 3.14.70.203

I've been using AirVPN for a few days now and I've encountered a few problems. While searching the site for relevant topics I've come to realise that most of the "clients" here seem to possess very advanced technological knowledge.

I was wondering, what about an "AirVPN for Dummies"? By that I mean for those of us who are technologically challenged but would still like to make use of this service to ensure our privacy.

Not to be offensive or sarcastic, no offense is intended, but this is, after all, a paid service and even sold as "Premium". Or is this service intended only for the Steven Hawkings of the internet?

Perhaps if there were some "How To" tutorials for people who just don't know much about "Socket Buffers", "UDPv4 links", "TLS: Initial packets", "TAP-Win32 adapters" and all such very essential but completely incomprehensible information.

When I went looking for online anonymity I was hoping to find something I could simply install and be done with, a sort of "plug and play" solution that didn't require a degree from MIT to use.

Then I found my way to this:

Is it difficult to use it?

Definitely not. For those who like simple things, we have prepared a package to access the VPN. Just download and run it. The connection procedure will need just a few seconds. After that, all the applications will use the VPN tunnel and you and your privacy will be protected.

You DON'T need to configure manually any of your application (web browser, e-mail, ftp, p2p client, VoIP...): when you are connected to the VPN everything is transparent and automatic. When you want to disconnect, you can do it with a click.

Eureka! said I.

Perhaps I have applied the wrong "package"? If so, I would very much appreciate being pointed to the "right" one. If I've got the right package installed, I'd really like to be able to get it working consistently.

The client I've downloaded and installed, a few times now, is Windows / XP-Vista-7, 32 bit because I'm running Windows XP Professional 32-bit SP2.

As it stands now, each time I turn on my PC and try to connect AirVPN I get this message:

"AirVPN Failed to start."

The only way I've been able to make it work is by completely removing AirVPN from my system and reinstalling it.

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." 
J. Krishnamurti

Digital Art by WrenchMonkey

ANANDA_AirVPN%20signature.jpg

Hello,

there is a ticket from you in the support service, please follow the provided instructions and send feedback (your TUN/TAP adapter is disabled).

Making things even easier than now will not be easy, but we'll try (Eddie will be an important step forward).

Kind regards

Thank you.

I just finished my response on the support service ticket.

I'm sure it must be difficult for those who have a clear understanding of this technology to figure out ways to communicate with those of us who simply don't speak that language.

The last set of instructions on the ticket were very clear and concise. Excellent.  

Unfortunately they don't resolve the problem.

Thanks once again for your efforts. I hope we can get this figured out so I can stop aggravating everyone!   

Regards,

WrenchMonkey

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." 
J. Krishnamurti

Digital Art by WrenchMonkey

ANANDA_AirVPN%20signature.jpg