Not connected, Your IP: 54.152.5.73
Sign in to follow this  
2975863j

PayPal problem

I'm trying to pay, but getting a PayPal error. From a quick look online it seems to be a problem with the code on AirVPN linking to PayPal.

When I try to login to PayPal from AirVPN I get the same error on 2 different browsers -

"Email: Please enter a valid email address. UTF-8 email addresses are not currently supported. Emails must be in the format: username@domain.com"

My email is in the right format. From this post it looks like the solution might be to make a change in your PayPal account. http://jlchereau.blogspot.com/2006/10/paypal-ipn-with-utf8.html

Thanks

2975863j wrote:

I'm trying to pay, but getting a PayPal error. From a quick look online it seems to be a problem with the code on AirVPN linking to PayPal.

When I try to login to PayPal from AirVPN I get the same error on 2 different browsers -

"Email: Please enter a valid email address. UTF-8 email addresses are not currently supported. Emails must be in the format: username@domain.com"

My email is in the right format. From this post it looks like the solution might be to make a change in your PayPal account. http://jlchereau.blogspot.com/2006/10/paypal-ipn-with-utf8.html

Thanks

Thank you very much!

Can you please try again now?

Kind regards

AirVPN admins

2975863j wrote:

Just tried again. Same problem unfortunately.

Hello!

You will be contacted by e-mail within a few minutes so that you can subscribe while we look into the problem (the fix suggested in your link does not seem to work for your case).

Is there anybody else who is experiencing the same problem? We are receiving payments as usual, so the problem could be related with some addresses only.

Kind regards

AirVPN admins

According to some vendors, this issue is a PayPal bug:

"The error message described above occurs due to a cookie on your computer (a text file that saves some information you have entered at a web site, such as a user name or email address so you do not have to type it every time you return to the site). If someone (you or anyone else) has logged into a PayPal account on the computer where you are experiencing problems, the e-mail address associated with that PayPal account will be saved until the PayPal cookie is deleted. This can be verified if you go to PayPal.com and an email address is already entered in the text box at login. Whether or not your browser is set to automatically delete cookies will determine this situation. If the cookie remains and you attempt to pay with PayPal, but do not log into that (or any other) PayPal account, this is when the error occurs. The best way to fix the problem is to delete the PayPal cookie (or all cookies), by following the steps provided above." (from SandingSupply, for example).

So deleting the cookies should fix the problem.

Kind regards

AirVPN admins