Not connected, Your IP: 44.222.231.51
Guest zredhead419

ANSWERED Port Forwarding - Error 110

Guest zredhead419

I am having trouble port forwarding.

I go to the ports page, leave all the fields blanks, add a port, then Check the port.

This is what comes back:
"Not reachable on server IP over the external port 32665, tcp protocol. Error : 110 - Connection timed out"

I have tried multiple ports, disconnect and reconnecting, changing settings in my router...nothing works.

My goal is to set up a Port Forward for Plex Media Server, is this possible with AirVPN?

Guest zredhead419

Hello!

Is Plex Media Server running and listening to the correct port when the check is performed?

Kind regards

Yes. Trying to connect to the server with port 32665 and still the same error (110) in the "Forward ports" area.

Guest zredhead419

Hello,

can you please perform a test with PortListener and inform us about your results at your convenience?

https://airvpn.org/topic/9315-port-forwarding-tester/

Quit Plex Media server, launch PortListener and make it listen to port 32665 TCP. Then re-perform the port check from the web panel.

Kind regards

It is interesting. I tested the port in the "Forward ports" area again. Still the same error. Downloaded Port Listener and tried to manually connect the Plex Media Server (PMS) to Port 32665, no log showed. Closed PMS and all tabs running Plex. Restarted PMS and successfully connected PMS to Port 32665. Tested the port in the "Forward ports" area again, success with "Reachable on server IP over the external port 32665, tcp protocol." Here is the log: http://db.tt/WHzg07Hf

Guest zredhead419

Now it is not working again. Interesting, it only connects when the PortListener is "listening".

Guest zredhead419

After 24 hours of testing it. It only successfully connects both on the "Forward ports" page and the PMS settings when the PortListener is open and "listening". Does the program open that port as it "listens", but closes it when it is not "listening"?

Here is the log for the last 24hrs: http://db.tt/37pvslag

Hello!

After 24 hours of testing it. It only successfully connects both on the "Forward ports" page and the PMS settings when the PortListener is open and "listening". Does the program open that port as it "listens", but closes it when it is not "listening"?

Here is the log for the last 24hrs: http://db.tt/37pvslag

Hello,

first some clarifications from us. A port is an abstraction, a port is "open" when a process/task endpoint in an operative system is identified uniquely by an address and a 2 bytes number (this number is the port for that address). Therefore a port simply does not exist in an OS  where there's no process/task endpoint matching what we call "a port" associated to an address. When such a number does not exist, the "port is closed". By extension, we also say that "a port is closed" when such an endpoint exists in the OS, but IP packets with headers that specify that endpoint are rejected/dropped by another process (typically a packet filtering tool such as a firewall).

Your tests are ambiguous for two reasons:

• apparently from your report you have run simultaneously two processes which allegedly compete for the same endpoint
  • the PortListener screenshot shows that the PortListener was listening to all interfaces

Let's start over. First of all, we need to detemine whether the system connected to an AirVPN server receives forwarded packets from the outside or not. Make sure that no remote access tool is running. Shut it down if it's running. Connect to an Air server. Run PortListener. Make it listen to IP 10.something port 32665. Log in the web site with the same account you use to connect to an Air server, go to the Forwarded ports panel and start "Check" on port 32665. Observe the result in the PortListener and let us know. If you don't see any entry, disable any packet filtering tool (such as a firewall, PeerGuardian, PeerBlock, Malwarebytes, anything related to filtering packets, including some antivirus, Internet "security tools"...), repeat the test and let us know at your convenience.

Kind regards

I am having this exact same problem.

I check the port on the airvpn site = Not reachable on server IP over the external port 4177, tcp protocol. Error : 111 - Connection refused

I check the the port on http://www.canyouseeme.org/ = I could not see your service on108.59.8.182 on port (4177Reason: Connection refused

I open Port Forwarding Tester v1.3, IP 10.4.18.186 and Port 4177 and hit listen

Now checks from both sites and they work.

Hit end listen and both sites again don't work

I tried different ports but still the same

I tried closing all programs and disabled my firewall (norton 360) still the same

No port setting are set in my router.

I suppose I could leave the tester running when I need the port but........

@bayoumedic

That looks just correct. A port is not a real thing, it is an abstraction. A port is a process-specific endpoint. If you have no process "listening to a port", that port simply does not exist.

Kind regards

I have the exact same issue running on osx 10.8. Plex server works perfectly if port forwarding tester is running but as soon as the listener is disabled it stops working. 

I understand the explanation above but is there a solution?