Not connected, Your IP: 18.118.12.222
Sign in to follow this  
Mastiff

Solution - Linux/OpenVPN - "Save" Button Greyed Out & Unable To Save

Hi,

Just wanted to share a solution which (for me) continued from this post , which explained in great detail how to set up your OpenVPN with linux.

After having followed the steps exactly, I was unable to click on the "Save" button to save my VPN configuration/import because the "save" button was just grey.  No matter what I tried, the button just stayed grey.

Having researched this topic on Google, I found many posts where other Linux users had the same problem and in some instances reported this as a bug. Like here for example.

Well, as it turns out the answer is so simple, that I could kick myself for having not thought of such a simple solution earlier.  The answer is right here on AirVPN.

Normally when saving a configuration, you probably just save it from AirVPN onto your laptop or computer, right?

Well, there is one single thing that you need to do prior to clicking the Generate button.

Place a "tick" in the "Advanced Mode box.  Then pick "Linux and others", and most importantly under Advanced pick "Separe keys/certs from .ovpn file".

You then get seperate files: ca.crt, user.crt, user.key, and the .ovpn file.

Then click the "Import" button button in your Network > VPN config section and import the .ovpn file.  It automatically populates all the other fields with your other certificates and keys.

And your "Save" button is now clickable.