Not connected, Your IP: 3.90.242.249
Sign in to follow this  
wildman2bad

Eset NOD 32 Smart Security

Hello,

You reccommend Comodo as being a very good firewall for Windows. What about Smart Security from Eset? And if so do can you provide some settings that we should use in order not to get leaks?

Hello!

We base our recommendation on pro-active security, which is a critical factor under Windows. In order to evaluate the factor and the reliability of a firewall under a potential leakage point of view, one the most thorough and extensive set of tests is performed periodically by Matousec, please see here: http://www.matousec.com/projects/proactive-security-challenge-64/results.php

All the tests are well explained, documented and reproducible.

Kind regards

Hello,

You reccommend Comodo as being a very good firewall for Windows. What about Smart Security from Eset? And if so do can you provide some settings that we should use in order not to get leaks?

I recently changed from Eset to Comodo, and have not regretted it. The Comodo has much more detailed options and functions , and can bind the vpn service better to a adapter.
I use the antivirus from Eset now standalone.

No Problems at all.

Yep, me too. I've been trying to get eset configured for the network adapter, but its options are too limited (or buried deeper in the application). 10 minutes after installing Comodo, I've configured the rules as stated on site and am now testing them. I just disabled Eset Firewall, and left the rest of it running.

Comodo Internet Security 5 is amazing, when I tried version 6 it ran like a dog plus they have moved everything about in a way that dosnt work at all for me, shame really but I continue to use version 5.