Not connected, Your IP: 18.209.209.246

"airvpn.org" blocked (DNS poisoning)

Solution: hosts file edit

OpenVPN connections are frequently disrupted (reported in Shangai and Beijing)

Solution: OpenVPN over SSL works just fine

UNCONFIRMED: momentary blocks of Internet domestic lines if a high percentage of encrypted traffic is detected

UNCONFIRMED: momentary blocks of Internet domestic lines if a high percentage of encrypted traffic is detected

what is the solution for us if something like that was to happen?

Hello,

mix unencrypted and unimportant traffic with encrypted traffic. However, this problem is still unconfirmed and we might delete it, do you have something to add or note about it? If so, feel free to update the thread.

Kind regards

Dear AirvPN team,

I think it would be a great feature for most China located users to have a background script that downloads random files from public HTTP mirrors, for example Linux OS distributions.

That way the Great Firewall counts the ratio between encrypted and non-encrypted traffic and since naturally the ISOs are over 1GB of size, a single download per day should be enough for most users.

A simple bash script that saves a file to /dev/null can be done even now, but a better feature would be possibly implementing it in the Air client. "Camouflage mode"   

Occasional moderator, sometimes BOFH. Opinions are my own, except when my wife disagrees.

@zhang888

Hello,

you talk about a ratio, do you have some verified information and/or any more detail about that?

Kind regards

Does anyone in China have suggestions on servers and configurations to use? I am currently trying all sorts of configurations using Tunnelblick, but most of them won't get past the "Making TCP connection" stage. I've been primarily testing out servers in Canada and the United States, though I've also tested some UK and Singapore servers. I've been trying regular VPN options, as well as SSH and SSL tunnels. So far, I haven't been able to connect at all using SSH and SSL tunnel configurations, even though that seems to be what's recommended for China.

Am I doing something wrong here? Or has someone figured out that magic configuration that works really well?

Hello,

mix unencrypted and unimportant traffic with encrypted traffic. However, this problem is still unconfirmed and we might delete it, do you have something to add or note about it? If so, feel free to update the thread.

Kind regards

I am not experiencing interruption and I am running almost all encrypted traffic from inside China.

I am experiencing DNS redirection to China Telecom when I try to contact a bad url  either through a browser or through ping even while connected to AirVPN with SSL, after a DNS flush, and using google DNS servers. My hosts files are clean. Wireshark captures show TCP connections to Chinese IP addresses directly after 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4 DNS Standard query response ... No such name... then I get redirected to malware containing sites. Any suggestions?

I am experiencing DNS redirection to China Telecom when I try to contact a bad url  either through a browser or through ping even while connected to AirVPN with SSL, after a DNS flush, and using google DNS servers. My hosts files are clean. Wireshark captures show TCP connections to Chinese IP addresses directly after 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4 DNS Standard query response ... No such name... then I get redirected to malware containing sites. Any suggestions?

Possible expanation: you're querying the DNS servers outside the tunnel. Anyway you don't provide enough data to tell you anything more useful. Please open a ticket to get support from us. Specify OS exact version and include logs of your client.

Kind regards

The behavior appears to be rectified by engaging network lock, but it is still interesting that my vpn IP was reaching out to Chinese IPs.