Not connected, Your IP: 52.55.214.236
Sign in to follow this  

Will airvpn list pptp servers to connect ?

Hi airvpn,

I wanted to ask if airvpn will or does list pptp addresses to directly enter in mac osx's built in vpn ?

It would be more simple than using tunnelblick. I understand pptp has limits to 128 bit encrytion. I'd like to know if there's more encryption by using other methods?

While currently for mac users the set up isn't very mac traditional, it's a good solution than most vpn services out there. Thank you for giving all of us the best of service we expect.

monway wrote:

Hi airvpn,

I wanted to ask if airvpn will or does list pptp addresses to directly enter in mac osx's built in vpn ?

It would be more simple than using tunnelblick. I understand pptp has limits to 128 bit encrytion. I'd like to know if there's more encryption by using other methods?

While currently for mac users the set up isn't very mac traditional, it's a good solution than most vpn services out there. Thank you for giving all of us the best of service we expect. :)

Hello and thank you for your inquiry!

We're glad to hear that our service meets your expectations and requirements.

While we understand that PPTP is easier on the client side, since it is implemented by default on most OS, it does not meet our security requirements. There are some serious security problems and we have chosen not to compromise security. The superior security of OpenVPN is well worth a little more effort on installation on the client side.

For a quick overview of PPTP vulnerabilities please see:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pptp#Security_of_the_PPTP_protocol

Do not hesitate to contact us for any further information.

Kind regards

AirVPN admins

Thank you for clarifying clearly. This is exactly what I expect from professionalism. Thank you very much.