Not connected, Your IP: 18.219.46.69
Sign in to follow this  
aldebaran

Re: Having some trouble connecting properly

Hi admin,

Thank you so much for the tips and support

To begin with I used your suggestion and tampered the default Ethernet adapter and the host file settings. This stopped the IP leak. Despite this success on one side, it is still showing the same unhandled error and does not resolve the links or functions under the icon, even when you click on continue as offered in the error applet.

I know that this is only half the security/anonymity one desires to get more control I looked at the link you provided, but that is a little beyond my ability. First of all it necessitates using the Comodo Firewall (CF) which is like opening the Pandora's Box especially in Windows 8 which refuses to boot without make shift patches etc. I have used Comodo Firewall before and concluded it as a very secure application, but far too demanding and relying upon full time user intervention and tweaking to function properly. For this reason I am not wiling to change the Windows 8 inbuilt firewall (WF).

Secondly, I can hardly apply similar changes as in the CF to the WF while the whole palette of settings is completely different. So if there is any other easier guide or a step by step for the WF I would gladly apply that.

If just stopping the IP leak suffices to anonymise / camouflage occasionally downloading a movie or two from the P2P platform, then do I really need to go the extra mile?

Best regards,

Bit

Secondly, I can hardly apply similar changes as in the CF to the WF while the whole palette of settings is completely different. So if there is any other easier guide or a step by step for the WF I would gladly apply that.

If just stopping the IP leak suffices to anonymise / camouflage occasionally downloading a movie or two from the P2P platform, then do I really need to go the extra mile?

Best regards,

Bit

Hello!

If you just need to secure your p2p client against leaks in case of unexpected VPN disconnection, then you might just set application rules for your torrent client. In Comodo they would be:

Allow TCP or UDP In/Out From IP In [10.4.0.0 - 10.9.255.255] To MAC Any Where Source Port Is Any And Destination Port Is Any

Allow TCP or UDP In/Out From MAC Any To IP In [10.4.0.0 - 10.9.255.255] Where Source Port Is Any And Destination Port Is Any

Block IP In/Out From MAC Any To MAC Any Where Protocol Is Any

strictly in the above order.

With Windows Firewall for Vista, 7 and 8 the procedure is completely different. Here's a good tutorial:

http://practicalrambler.blogspot.nl/2011/01/windows-7-firewall-how-to-always-use.html (ads apart! :) )

With Windows Firewall for Windows XP, as far as we know it is not possible to do that.

Alternatively, just in case your p2p client is Vuze, you can bind it to the TAP-Win32 adapter as described here:

https://airvpn.org/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=3&id=8472&limit=6&limitstart=6&Itemid=142#8486

Kind regards