Not connected, Your IP: 18.226.222.12
Sign in to follow this  
dagveep

Client Questions

Hello,

I have a few questions that are specific to the AirVPN client:

1) The client window does not show with a remote desktop (Ultra VNC) connection under Windows XP. The taskbar tab is shown, but the login window itself is invisible, as if it uses a different "overlay" scheme and cannot be shown with the remote desktop. Locally, the window displays fine. Is this a known issue?

2) Can auto login be set to log completely into a server (including selecting the server) so that no manual intervention is necessary to establish the VPN connection? Currently, autologin is set, but selecting the server requires user input.

3) I am currently using the OpenVPN client due to issue #1 above. Is your service the same, regardless of which client I use? When using the AirVPN client, there is an extended "Verify" phase after the connection is established, but this does not happen with the OpenVPN client. Are there some addtional checks/settings being made with the AirVPN client?

Hello,

I have a few questions that are specific to the AirVPN client:

1) The client window does not show with a remote desktop (Ultra VNC) connection under Windows XP. The taskbar tab is shown, but the login window itself is invisible, as if it uses a different "overlay" scheme and cannot be shown with the remote desktop. Locally, the window displays fine. Is this a known issue?

Hello!

Thank you for the report. This is not a known issue. Are you running .NET framework 2.0 or 4? Can you tell us your Air client version?

2) Can auto login be set to log completely into a server (including selecting the server) so that no manual intervention is necessary to establish the VPN connection? Currently, autologin is set, but selecting the server requires user input.

Correct, it is not currently possible to do that with the Air client. Please use OpenVPN directly, as you are correctly already doing.

3) I am currently using the OpenVPN client due to issue #1 above. Is your service the same, regardless of which client I use? When using the AirVPN client, there is an extended "Verify" phase after the connection is established, but this does not happen with the OpenVPN client. Are there some addtional checks/settings being made with the AirVPN client?

Yes, when you see "Checking..." the Air client contacts airvpn.org which in turn verifies the IP address and compares it with the list of Air VPN servers exit-IP addresses. If the verification is not successful (i.e. the IP address which the client is connecting from is not one of the exit-IP addresses of the VPN servers) the client notifies an error, because the VPN connection (or the push by the VPN server to the client) was not successful.

Kind regards

I am running .Net version 2.0 and the latest AirVPN client (downloaded 4 days ago). I do not have access to the client version number as I am currently remote so the client window is invisible to me