Not connected, Your IP: 3.142.144.40
Sign in to follow this  
Indigo35

ANSWERED Question about configuring files for my client

Hello,

First off, I love the service.

Second, a question. I see that when I go to configure access without a client to import into my Viscosity client, there are two options added.

Specifically, what does "Resolved hosts in .ovpn file" do?

I didn't check it and everything seems to be working fine; however, I just wanted to know what it does.

Thank you.

Hello,

First off, I love the service.

Second, a question. I see that when I go to configure access without a client to import into my Viscosity client, there are two options added.

Specifically, what does "Resolved hosts in .ovpn file" do?

I didn't check it and everything seems to be working fine; however, I just wanted to know what it does.

Thank you.

Hello!

When that option is enabled, the configuration generator will generate .ovpn file(s) which include already resolved names. If the option is disabled, the names are not resolved. Having unresolved names allows the client to rotate between servers according to DNS resolution with multiple records (example: nl.airvpn.org resolves to all the NL servers).

This option is available only for "Linux and others" because of some Windows limitations in DNS resolution when a name has multiple records which make this option unusable with it. Windows configuration files will therefore always have resolved names into IP addresses.

If airvpn.org is censored/DNS poisoned by your ISP (as it is in every China ISP), you MUST select this option even with Linux or any other OS in order to bypass the censorship.

Kind regards