Not connected, Your IP: 13.58.3.72
Sign in to follow this  
poldi23

Port forwarding and Comodo setup for ports

Hello,

I would like to try out the port forwarding for p2p.

In the member area about port forwarding I found this info:

"We recommend to configure your firewall to block connections outside the tunnel to these ports and not to forward these ports on your router."

I have set up my Comodo settings like you explained in the "Prevent leaks with Windows & Comodo". Its working fine for me!

Lets say I would only like to forward the port 30000 with UDP.

What/how do I have to set this up in my Comodo firewall? Sorry, I am no expert. Could you please tel me the rule for this!

Thanks in advance for your help !

Hello,

I would like to try out the port forwarding for p2p.

In the member area about port forwarding I found this info:

"We recommend to configure your firewall to block connections outside the tunnel to these ports and not to forward these ports on your router."

I have set up my Comodo settings like you explained in the "Prevent leaks with Windows & Comodo". Its working fine for me!

Lets say I would only like to forward the port 30000 with UDP.

What/how do I have to set this up in my Comodo firewall? Sorry, I am no expert. Could you please tel me the rule for this!

Thanks in advance for your help !

Hello!

You don't need to do or configure anything else.

Recommended Comodo global rules that you implemented already prevent packets to reach your computer port "30000" (and any other port) on its real IP address/physical network interface, preventing therefore correlation attacks of this type.

The only way to reach your computer on ports on its physical network interface with the above Comodo rules would be to have packets pass through the entry-IP address with destination your real IP address, but that can't happen, not even if the attacker monitors your line and knows the entry-IP address of the server you're connected to, because foreign packets to the entry-IP address are not forwarded to any client.

Kind regards