Not connected, Your IP: 3.133.151.20
Sign in to follow this  
clown

Gargoyle

Does anyone have working configs for Gargoyle and AirVPN?

I tried some configs using the DD-WRT as a guide but no luck. I think the firrewall commands are causing it to not connect?? Does anyone know where to put them in Gargoyle?

Bump...Is anyone using Gargoyle firmware with AirVPN?

Where would I find a TLS authorization key/file in the AirVPN downloaded configs?

When I download the config files in ZIP format, then upload to my router, it's saying no config files found. Has anybody had to modify or rename any of these files?

Thanks.

Bump...Is anyone using Gargoyle firmware with AirVPN?

Where would I find a TLS authorization key/file in the AirVPN downloaded configs?

When I download the config files in ZIP format, then upload to my router, it's saying no config files found. Has anybody had to modify or rename any of these files?

Thanks.

Hello!

Gargoyle parses correctly .ovpn OpenVPN configuration files. Unsure whether it has issues in supporting embedded files, probably not, anyway you can generate non-embedded files (just untick the "Embed..." option in the configuration generator).

Kind regards

Thanks for your reply.

I have tried both methods of downloading the config files from AirVPN, for some reason, Gargoyle doesn't recognize the config files. I've tried renaming them, but no luck.

In DD-WRT, there is an entry for TLS cipher = AES-256SHA and also Hash Algorithm = SHA1...there is no option in Gargoyle to input this, does this mean I can't config Gargoyle as a client to connect to AirVPN servers????

Thanks for your reply.

I have tried both methods of downloading the config files from AirVPN, for some reason, Gargoyle doesn't recognize the config files. I've tried renaming them, but no luck.

In DD-WRT, there is an entry for TLS cipher = AES-256SHA and also Hash Algorithm = SHA1...there is no option in Gargoyle to input this, does this mean I can't config Gargoyle as a client to connect to AirVPN servers????

Hello!

If Gargoyle OpenVPN reads the OpenVPN configuration files, all those directives are included in the configuration file. If the router web interface lacks such options, you'll have to convince OpenVPN to read and parse the configuration file. Probably Gargoyle forums can support you in a more effective way. According to gargoyle-router.com admins, Gargoyle supports fully OpenVPN configuration files.

Kind regards

Thanks again for your quick reply.

I've got the config files figured out. I need to input a TLS Auth Key - (ta.key)...is this included in the config files from AirVPN? I didn't see it?

Thanks again for your quick reply.

I've got the config files figured out. I need to input a TLS Auth Key - (ta.key)...is this included in the config files from AirVPN? I didn't see it?

Hello!

No, it's not there (no tls-auth required). Leave it blank, just fill the server certificate, the client key and the client certificate. (EDIT: since 13 Apr 2014, TLS Auth has been introduced)

Kind regards

Thanks for your help.

I gave up on Gargoyle, it wouldn't read the config files.

Flashed DD-WRT, I'm up and running.

Thanks.

i also faced the same issue with my tp-link wdr3600. here is what i found to work. these instructions are from a linux computer

upload file to router:

scp airvpn.opvn root:192.168.0.1:/etc/openvpn

ssh into router (may need enabled in gui settings):

ssh -l root 192.168.0.1

tell openvpn to use as config file:

openvpn --config /etc/openvpn/airvpn.opvn

then of course dont forget to change your dns server settings in the gargoyle gui to airvpn dns server 10.5.x.x or whatever it is

i also faced the same issue with my tp-link wdr3600. here is what i found to work. these instructions are from a linux computer

upload file to router:

scp airvpn.opvn root:192.168.0.1:/etc/openvpn

ssh into router (may need enabled in gui settings):

ssh -l root 192.168.0.1

tell openvpn to use as config file:

openvpn --config /etc/openvpn/airvpn.opvn

then of course dont forget to change your dns server settings in the gargoyle gui to airvpn dns server 10.5.x.x or whatever it is

All of that is unnecessary.

Simply rename the config file extension .conf. Remove all the commented out lines at the beginning.

Finally remove these lines:

explicit-exit-notify 5

ca "ca.crt"
cert "user.crt"
key "user.key"
tls-auth "ta.key" 1

Gargoyle will replace the last four lines with this:

ca    /etc/openvpn/grouter_client_htpgcbwcoyxi_ca.crt
cert  /etc/openvpn/grouter_client_htpgcbwcoyxi.crt
key   /etc/openvpn/grouter_client_htpgcbwcoyxi.key
tls-auth    /etc/openvpn/grouter_client_htpgcbwcoyxi_ta.key 1

Gargoyle daemon.err openvpn(custom_config)[21901]: Options error: Unrecognized option or missing parameter(s) in /etc/openvpn/grouter_client_htpgcbwcoyxi.conf:13: explicit-exit-notify (2.2.2)<<<<<That option there is what really buggers the config. 

So, again, after editting your config file as above, just go about Upload Client Configuration File(s) , Individual configuration files as normal. Don't forget to check the TLS box. Use TLS-Auth Key 

Gargoyle works great with AirVPN, which is why I went with AirVPN, I was not about to go back to DD-WRT.

Login into the router is how I found out explicit-exit-notify was the issue per this thread at the Gargoyle forums.

Hope this helps!