Not connected, Your IP: 54.87.17.177
Sign in to follow this  
NaDre

how would you handle abuse complaint?

I belong to several private torrent trackers. Some of them have banned various VPN services at the firewall level because they feel they were abused/attacked in some way by someone using that service. I would hate to see something like that happen with AirVPN at one of my trackers.

Do you have any strategy for how you would respond to a complaint and determine which of your members to sanction? Since you only have the information about current users to work with, I think you would need to have some sort of quick response contact. But then that could easily be abused at great expense to you guys.

I am not sure what strategy could be used here, if any. Do you guys have any ideas about this? Thanks.

I belong to several private torrent trackers. Some of them have banned various VPN services at the firewall level because they feel they were abused/attacked in some way by someone using that service. I would hate to see something like that happen with AirVPN at one of my trackers.

Do you have any strategy for how you would respond to a complaint and determine which of your members to sanction? Since you only have the information about current users to work with, I think you would need to have some sort of quick response contact. But then that could easily be abused at great expense to you guys.

I am not sure what strategy could be used here, if any. Do you guys have any ideas about this? Thanks.

Hello!

As a mere conduit, we don't monitor connections, and as you correctly state we don't keep logs that would allow ex-post detection of such an abuse. However, attacks against a tracker are a particular case of attacks against a service in the information society, that is a violation of our Terms of Service. Should we detect attacks, or should we be warned about such a problem, through special triggers we can put an end to such violations without compromising our customers privacy.

Kind regards