Not connected, Your IP: 54.210.83.20
Sign in to follow this  
Staff

New 1 Gbit/s server available: Carinae

EDIT 13 Feb 2013 After a replacement of both network cards the problem appears to be solved. We have tested the server in the last 6 days and no problems occurred. You can now connect to it presumably without any problem

EDIT 29 Jan 2013 16:10 CET: PLEASE READ HERE

https://airvpn.org/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=3&id=7264&limit=6&limitstart=6&Itemid=142#7347

EDIT 31 Jan 2013 22:46 CET: The ISP has been unable to detect the problem source so far. We are withdrawing the server. The withdrawal will remain as long as the ISP is unable to find and resolve the problem.

EDIT 01 Feb 2013 15:50 CET: In the last 18 hours the problems appear to be resolved. Tests performed satisfactorily. The server is open if you wish to test it (please report any issue if you do so). If you don't wish to test, please do not connect to Carinae in this phase which will last for at least additional 48 hours.

EDIT 01 Feb 2013 19:05 CET: The packet loss problem has returned exactly as before, therefore the server is withdrawn. Please connect to Bootis or Cassiopeia if you need a UK server

Hello!

We're very glad to inform you that a new 1 Gbit/s server located in the United Kingdom is available: Carinae

The AirVPN client will show automatically the new server, while if you use the OpenVPN client you can generate all the files to access it through our configuration/certificates/key generator (menu "Member Area"->"Access without our client").

The server accepts connections on ports 53, 80 and 443 UDP and TCP.

As usual no traffic limits, no logs, no discrimination on protocols and hardened security against various attacks with separate entry and exit-IP addresses.

Do not hesitate to contact us for any information or issue.

Kind regards and datalove

AirVPN admins

Hi Admins

I tried this server tonight - it wasn't performing very well. Lots of page timeouts. Switching to Cassiopeia cured the problem. Anyone else?

But still great news there is yet another server, and thank you for such a great service.

I'm afraid I have to confirm that. I only tested for a few minutes, but it seems that there is severe packet loss! The connection is very unstable indeed. Would be great if you could check it out?

Thanks

I'm afraid I have to confirm that. I only tested for a few minutes, but it seems that there is severe packet loss! The connection is very unstable indeed. Would be great if you could check it out?

Thanks

Hello!

We have not detected any packet loss from/to Carinae... tested from major providers around the world (in almost every country we have a server in) and to known and tiny hosts. Low latency and 0% packet loss. We will keep anyway monitoring Carinae closely.

Kind regards

Thanks

Hello!

We have not detected any packet loss from/to Carinae... tested from major providers around the world (in almost every country we have a server in) and to known and tiny hosts. Low latency and 0% packet loss. We will keep anyway monitoring Carinae closely.

Kind regards

Hello!

Correction: just after a few seconds the above message was posted, we have started noticing massive packet loss from Holland to Carinae. We will investigate and inquire the datacenter technicians.

EDIT: the packet loss seems sporadic, just a few seconds and then back to normal. We need to collect more extensive statistics in a wide time frame.

Kind regards

Yes, Carinae seems unstable.. and I would also have to agree that the other two UK servers throw me off rather readily.

Hello!

We have provided the Carinae datacenter technicians with all the relevant data which prove a massive packet loss for a few seconds at least every hour. They are working on it. We will keep you informed as soon as we receive updates.

About Bootis and Cassiopeia, no problems at all have been detected for them after last week intermittent line drops.

Kind regards

Hello!

The network cable has been replaced but the problem is still there. Probably it will be necessary to bring down the server for a new, full hardware test. Please do not use the server and if you're connected please disconnect as soon as possible.

Kind regards

I just connected to Carinae to test after the thread was updated, and I can confirm I experienced disconnections within the first minute of connecting to the server.

The connection resumes after about 15-20 seconds, but the disconnects also come back periodically.

I just connected to Carinae to test after the thread was updated, and I can confirm I experienced disconnections within the first minute of connecting to the server.

The connection resumes after about 15-20 seconds, but the disconnects also come back periodically.

Hello!

Thank you, we are sorry to see that the datacenter personnel is totally unable to solve this severe internal network issue. We have detected again the very same, identical problem as before. Server withdrawn.

Kind regards

Hello!

Both network cards replacement have solved the issue. Tests in the last 6 days have been fully successful.

Kind regards