Not connected, Your IP: 3.143.168.172
Staff

iOS officially supported

We are glad to inform you that due to the recent change in Apple policy iOS is now fully supported by AirVPN. Apple prohibition of running free and open source OpenVPN on iPhone and iPad is no more, therefore a jailbreak is no more necessary.

The guide to connect with iOS to AirVPN servers is available in the "Enter" page (click on the iOS symbol), direct link:

https://airvpn.org/ios

Kind regards and datalove

AirVPN admins

Yeah, the instructions assume you have AirDisk app installed. I did not.

The alternative is to just download the config files, unzip, and send to the OpenVPN app via iTunes.

If you do not use iTunes, you can email yourself the config files, open the email on your iOS device, and choose to open the attached config files in OpenVPN app.

I should have been more specific - the unzip part does not work since AirDisk is not listed as an option to handle this file type. Work around outlined by shiro21 works fine.

Really nice!

Can I connect with my Mac and iOs device at the same time?

Hello!

You can't do that with the same account if your iPhone and Mac are on different networks. However, if they are in the same network, you can connect to Air just the Mac, share the Internet connection, and connect the iPhone to the Mac. So the iPhone will use the VPN transparently (it won't even need to run OpenVPN). The Mac needs to be connected to the Internet via Ethernet in order to let the WiFi card free to accept connections from other devices.

An example:

http://www.maclife.com/article/howtos/how_share_your_wireless_internet_connection_ethernet

When the setup is ready, first connect your Mac to an Air VPN server, then your iPhone to the Mac. You will be able to connect all the devices in your network (home, office...) to the Mac so that they all tunnel their traffic "transparently".

Kind regards

Could you update the airvopn.org/ios page?

Right now, step 2 says "Log in our website and go to menu "Member Area"->"Access Without our Client". but this cannot be seen from the iOS Safari page. I guess the info is old.

Thanks

I was a bit confused how to get the config files onto iPhone.

It's quite tedious to navigate the airvpn site on the phone, so went to the desktop and generated all the config files I wanted. I then dropped the individual files into an email and emailed them to myself and got the email on the phone.

Then I tapped each file and chose "copy to OpenVPN."

Is this an OK way to get the files over? It seems to have worked. They're all now in the OpenVPN app.

This method doesn't break anything or muck up the config files, does it?