Not connected, Your IP: 3.145.204.233
Sign in to follow this  
bubbba

iOS OpenVPN in Apple App Store

I just installed OpenVPN from the app store on my iPad Mini and was wondering if you will ever support it. It uses profile files that can be imported easy enough (.ovpn files). I created and downloaded one but there seems to be some differences between the iOS OpenVPN and Windows OpenVPN. I get an authentication error when trying to connect. It connects to the server, but then it fails. Has anyone here got this to work. I am running iOS 6.02, if that matters.

Regards, Bubbba

I just installed OpenVPN from the app store on my iPad Mini and was wondering if you will ever support it. It uses profile files that can be imported easy enough (.ovpn files). I created and downloaded one but there seems to be some differences between the iOS OpenVPN and Windows OpenVPN. I get an authentication error when trying to connect. It connects to the server, but then it fails. Has anyone here got this to work. I am running iOS 6.02, if that matters.

Regards, Bubbba

Hello!

Can you please send us the OpenVPN logs?

Kind regards

My apologies, but I did finally get it to work. Here's what I did to get it working.

Open the 'OpenVPN-Connect' app on the iPad.

Under the HELP options see the option to import a file via Safari. Type AirVPN.org and hit GO.

You may have to try different options here, but this is what worked for me:

Checked 'Sirius'

Checked 'TCP'

Checked '443'

Checked 'Embed Keys/Certs in .ovpn file'

Then Generated the file.

Next I selected "Open in AirDisk Pro" - AirDisk Pro handles .ZIP files.

From AirDisk Pro I unzipped the file and then used "Open In OpenVPN"

After importing the file just turn Connection to ON and it should work.

Thanks for your reply.

If I have any errors in the future I will be sure to keep the logs.

Edit: After posting this I tried UDP/443 and the speeds jumped from about 4mbits/s to 19mbits/s. So anyone trying this may want to start off using UDP rather then TCP.

Works great on my Iphone3gs. Tried several different servers and had no problems. I used iZip to handle the air.zip file. Thanks Bubbba

You're more then welcome... I'm lovin' it as well. Beets the heck out of L2TP/IPSec connection I used to use on the iPad. The only issue is that the connection has to be made from OpenVPN-Connect instead of the General/VPN in setup. But I can live with that.

Cheers, Bubbba

Thanks Bubbba I am using it on my iphone 5. I used Universal rar extractor for the air.zip file and everything is working beautifully I did not think this was out yet and wondered if they would ever have it so thanks again for this post.