Not connected, Your IP: 18.220.140.5
Sign in to follow this  
dre2112

Problem on US Servers and uTorrent

When I'm connected thru any of the US Servers, my uTorrent speeds are incredibly slow. I'm talking 1-5kb slow. That's not the case if I'm downloading from anywhere else though. My uTorrent speeds are really good when I connect to any of the European servers however. I'm running Windows 8 if that makes any difference and my uTorrent 3.2.3

When I'm connected thru any of the US Servers, my uTorrent speeds are incredibly slow. I'm talking 1-5kb slow. That's not the case if I'm downloading from anywhere else though. My uTorrent speeds are really good when I connect to any of the European servers however. I'm running Windows 8 if that makes any difference and my uTorrent 3.2.3

Hello!

That sounds strange, we can't detect any difference between USA servers and outside-USA servers with torrent clients. Also, there's no configuration difference between them. Could you provide any further detail?

Does anybody else have the same issue?

Kind regards

What kind of details would you like? (Sorry I'm kinda new to this stuff).

At the moment I am connected to Pavonis (USA) and downloading 3 files at 3.3kB, 0kB and 0.2kB whereas when I was connected to the Romanian server I was downloading 2 of those files at 400kB and 300kB.

I am personally geographically closer, a lot closer, to the US than I am to Romania, so it boggles my mind that its going so slow. As I mentioned this only started a couple weeks ago.

At the moment I am connected to Pavonis (USA) and downloading 3 files at 3.3kB, 0kB and 0.2kB whereas when I was connected to the Romanian server I was downloading 2 of those files at 400kB and 300kB.

I am personally geographically closer, a lot closer, to the US than I am to Romania, so it boggles my mind that its going so slow. As I mentioned this only started a couple weeks ago.

Hmm...using the same server, also from a relatively close location and has very good speeds.... even the provider's full max in every situation Maybe the further details request meant more relative setup and technical details. The forum may provide some worthy information.

Better days

Hello!

It's very difficult to explain the above. The first thing that comes to mind is that there are some routing problems between your ISP and Pavonis. Do you see any packet loss with Pavonis (check your client logs after you have been connected to Pavonis for several minutes and check whether there are "Replay-window backtrack occurred" entries)? Does that bad p2p performance occur with some other US server? Do you run programs like PeerGuardian and PeerBlock?

Kind regards