Not connected, Your IP: 18.225.175.23
Sign in to follow this  
itsmeprivately

Speed Question

I have an internet connection that supplies a maximum of about 800 kB/s, which I can reach in speed tests when not connected to AirVPN.

Now, when I'm connected to AirVPN, I reach about 400 kB/s in speed tests when connected to my favorite server. So this seems this is the maximum I can get for that server, right?

In other words: Even if I would subscribe to a much higher Internet Speed with my Provider (say 6000kB/s, when not connected to AirVPN), then I would still get a maximum of 400 kB/s when I'm connected to that same server, since this is the bottleneck. Is that correct?

I'm just curious about this, since I wonder if it's worthwhile for me to get a faster Internet Service, and if this would boost speeds when connected to AirVPN.

Hello!

Unfortunately it's not possible to provide you with a definite answer.

Changing ISP might give you better performance, because a different ISP may have different peering with the datacenters where our servers are located (please see also https://airvpn.org/faq#speed ). The maximum purely theoretical bandwidth our 1 Gbit/s servers can give you is 500 Mbit/s, there is no cap on our side.

Before doing anything with your ISPs, please try also to connect to different servers and above all to different ports: several ISPs cap bandwidth on some ports (especially UDP ones).

Please try connections to port 80 TCP and port 53 UDP on various servers in order to make a performance comparison.

Kind regards