Not connected, Your IP: 3.143.22.106
Sign in to follow this  
fruchtenstein

ANSWERED Is SSH tunneling possible under Android?

While playing with Eddie for Linux I suddenly discovered that OpenVPN can now be tunneled over SSH, not just SSL. It really helps and I was very enthusiastic about it, but I can't find this option in Eddie for Android. Is it available in Eddie 3.1? 3.2? If not, is there any other way to use it under Android? It would be a huge relief, given that plain OpenVPN is so easily filtered.

Thank you. I would say that this feature will definitely make OpenVPN connections considerably more secure and reliable. I really want to have it on my tablet. 

1 hour ago, fruchtenstein said:

Thank you. I would say that this feature will definitely make OpenVPN connections considerably more secure and reliable. I really want to have it on my tablet. 

Remarkably slower and not more secure but definitely more capable to bypass blocks, that's the key (for the readers, if your ISP doesn't block WireGuard and OpenVPN do not use an additional SSH tunnel).

Kind regards

VPN blocking is my main concern at the moment, so that's exactly what I need. As for speed, had I aimed for it I would get rid of Wi-Fi in the first place :)