Not connected, Your IP: 3.142.136.89
Sign in to follow this  
Exactlie

ANSWERED Checking route IPv4

When connecting to a server, Eddie keeps loading on 'Checking route IPv4' and eventually times out and tries again with the same result. In the meantime I get no internet connection.

Please find attached the log file. What could be the issue here?

Eddie_Checking_route_IPV4_failed.txt

@Exactlie

Hello!

According to the log UDP seems blocked:

. 2024.09.05 09:26:02 - OpenVPN > write UDP: Unknown error (code=10065)

Please check the packet filtering tools running on the system and the router and make sure that they do not block UDP.

If you find nothing blocking, probably you will be forced to rely on TCP only (possible UDP / OpenVPN block by your ISP). You can change connection mode in Eddie's "Preferences" > "Protocols" window. In this last case it's worth testing WireGuard. Although it works on UDP only, if the block by the ISP is against OpenVPN and not against UDP you could connect successfully. Again, you can switch to WireGuard on "Preferences" > "Protocols" window.

Kind regards

Thanks for the reply.

Nothing seems to be blocking UDP. 2 days ago I could connect just fine again without having changed any settings anywhere.

Can you refer me to some documentation on the basics about the relationship between OpenVPN en AirVPN? I'm still not clear on what the role of OpenVPN is in relation to AirVPN. And if I have my configuration setup right. Yesterday I tried to connect to a wifi network at work, but couldn't get internet access untill I ended the OpenVPN process through task manager (AirVPN was not running). Today at home, Eddie couldn't connect again, although OpenVPN was running in the background. A reboot solved it? When I open OpenVPN connect, my profile is not connected?

My apologies if this is not the right place for these questions. I'm just trying to get my head around how this all works and would like to learn more about the overall process.

Kind regards

@Exactlie

Hello!

OpenVPN is a system including protocol, client and server applications to establish point-to-point or site-to-site connections in routed or bridged mode. AirVPN infrastructure uses WireGuard and OpenVPN systems (which are quite different) to let customers enter the private network.
3 hours ago, Exactlie said:

Eddie couldn't connect again, although OpenVPN was running in the background. A reboot solved it? When I open OpenVPN connect, my profile is not connected?

That's expected. Eddie is an AirVPN software which relies either on OpenVPN binary or WireGuard code to let your system connect to the VPN. To avoid conflicts, if you already launched some OpenVPN program, then you must not run Eddie, and if you run Eddie then you must not run OpenVPN separately (it's Eddie that will launch, configure and manage OpenVPN, if you choose OpenVPN and not WireGuard).

If you found nothing blocking UDP in your system or local network and the problem persists then it's possible that the block comes for example from your ISP.

Kind regards

Hi there,

I've found that this issue is only happening when I go online before I startup Eddie. When I startup Eddie first thing as my computer starts up, it connect without problem. If I go online first and decide I want to activate eddie some time later, it won't connect and stays on 'Checking route IPv4'.

Would this be expected behaviour?

Kind regards

17 minutes ago, Exactlie said:

Hi there,

I've found that this issue is only happening when I go online before I startup Eddie. When I startup Eddie first thing as my computer starts up, it connect without problem. If I go online first and decide I want to activate eddie some time later, it won't connect and stays on 'Checking route IPv4'.

Would this be expected behaviour?

Kind regards

Hello!

It's not an expected behavior... Does the same happen with Eddie 2.24.2 beta version?

Kind regards