Not connected, Your IP: 3.129.70.185
sweepsheep

A single Italian and Portuguese server (and possibly also a Polish one)

Posted ... (edited)

Hi,

first of all, I would like to give you guys big props for continuing to provide such a good service. I've been a happy customer for many years with relatively little to complain about.
There is one thing, however, that I've been patiently waiting for so long, now, and I figured, if I don't write to you, probably nothing will change. I'm talking about servers in Italy and Portugal.
I've seen some old posts, here, about Italy's very strict policies toward VPN's and such, but my decision in picking you as my VPN provider was primarily motivated by the fact that you are Italians and it's really hard for me to accept that I won't ever be able to watch RAI live (without me moving to Italy, that is.) Is there really nothing that could be done about this?
Pretty much the same thing applies to RTP (RAI's Portuguese counterpart.) I've read that a decade ago (or maybe even earlier,) you had some server in Lisbon (if I'm not mistaken,) but guys, it's been ages ago. I'm as sure as one can only be that there must be also other folks that have been waiting and waiting without saying anything, just like me. I appreciate your effort of placing one server in São Paolo, but it surely cannot be just me longing for some content broadcasted in continental Portuguese.
I've been with you for close to a decade, I think, and I don't plan on going anywhere, but please hear me out. I've been almost exclusively using your U.S. servers for all this time, inflating their usage statistics, (like probably many of us,) but I would not, if I had a choice of connecting to an Italian or a Portuguese server.
I know that my wish list is probably already too long, but one Polish server wouldn't be such a bad idea, either, I think. I know, I know, I've read your old posts about Poland not being a democracy, but again, this was years ago. Their government has changed, since, and apparently is very pro-European, now (at least judging from some, not too old, tweets of Ursula von der Leyen, posted on X.)
It goes without saying every new location is a cost, I get it, but perhaps two or three new servers won't eat too big of a hole in your budget, considering the fact there are already hundreds in your possession (and the potential benefits can far exceed the costs.)

Edited ... by sweepsheep

RaiPlay is restricted to residential IP addresses, so no luck there.The RAI thread is hidden from the Supported websites forum right now, meaning that RAI is simply not working. A direct connection server won't change that, so it will probably not come in the forseeable future.
And as RTP is "RAI's Portuguese counterpart", it is safe to assume that a residential Portuguese IP address is needed to access that, too; same thing as above applies.

It's less about cost and more about demand from the community. Right now it looks like two or three people from said community want to view specific websites and that is simply not enough to warrant adding a server, you know? Though, I only have the forums as a data source, who knows how many are asking through tickets or mail. :D

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.