Not connected, Your IP: 3.147.89.24
Sign in to follow this  
aldebaran

[SOLVED] Very low speed

Hello Everybody,

I just joined a few hours ago and have very little knowledge about networking etc. so please be patient with my sheer ignorance...

My normal connection is very fast with D/L speed of 50 MBit and an U/L of over 10 MBit. However, at the moment I am downloading at a snails speed averaging 80 kB/s and Uploading at 6 kB/s!

I wouldn't be surprised if I didn't goof it up and incorrectly installed the application. Can you please have a look?

Thank you in advance,

bitbyte

Hi,

I have been having a much better speed today. I made some changes and it seems to have helped.

bitbyte

Hello!

Thank you for the information.

Please feel free to share how you managed to improve performance if you wish so, maybe your information can be useful to some other person.

Kind regards

Yip that would be great, I'm on 120 meg pipe and pulling down any where between 1 meg - 12 meg, of course I'd like to max it if poss. I've tried most of the udp and tcp configs.....how ever, tired now and need some sleep.

Hi,

The first thing I did was that I attached the particular computer I am using to the Router (Speedport W 921V) with a LAN cable, so that all other computers now connect only over WLAN and access the internet over the normal non-tunneled connection simultaneously.

Secondly, I re-installed the OpenVPN, even when the network started grumbling. I also let it find and choose the ports by itself.

It was downloading yesterday at an average speed of at 2.5 MB/s (which was a definite improvement against 80 kB/s), but there was a problem with the VDSL connection - it broke several times.

I had my ISP check the "normal" connection this morning and they informed me that the cause of these breakdowns was that the VDSL Line is getting grounded somewhere on its way to to my place. That is why my normal speed dropped down 51,000 kB/s to around 32,000 kB/s. They are sending a Line Controller, later this afternoon.

If I have other inferences at my end I will inform you accordingly.

Regards,

bitbyte