Not connected, Your IP: 18.223.172.199

Posted ... (edited)

Hello everyone.

I noticed I can't use DuckDuckGo anymore while connected to any AirVPN server. The server can ping to the website, but the column of HTTP in the Route Checking tool appears filled with red in every row.

DuckDuckgo is big in the web search business, I thought it was gonna be a temporary issue, but it's been blocked for weeks now. Is it only me? Lately I've been experimenting a lot more blockades everywhere but this one is the most annoying. What can I do? I do use the bang functionality in DDG a lot.

Solution: In Wireguard for Android, change MTU to 1300.

Edited ... by air.vpn.user.99
Fix

On 7/14/2024 at 10:18 PM, air.vpn.user.99 said:

DuckDuckgo is big in the web search business

Is it, though? It doesn't build its own index and uses other indexes for its search; additionally, it doesn't really add anything new to the search market, so I question that statement profusely. It's not even as "private" or "independent" as you think… maybe try Kagi if you want privacy, independence and features in a box?

On 7/14/2024 at 10:18 PM, air.vpn.user.99 said:

The server can ping to the website, but the column of HTTP in the Route Checking tool appears filled with red in every row.

In any case, cannot reproduce. The route checker gets a 301 back – that's a redirect that is misleadingly painted red. And the rest of the columns are not red for me, meaning, DuckDuckGo Search works.
image.png.40c2d71b45d24d0c846d901cc8cac31c.png
I noted this three years ago. Refreshing to see it didn't change whatsoever :)There were also some intermittent issues with reaching the sites from AirVPN servers, like:Maybe those are back?..

Please post exactly which URL you entered in the route checker, and from which servers you checked reachability. Mine was https://www.duckduckgo.com and the server was Chamaeleon, US.
Edit: I noticed that www. redirects to duckduckgo.com, that's why it's a 301. Rechecking the domain without www is completely green across the board.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Yes.

On 7/19/2024 at 4:53 PM, OpenSourcerer said:
Please post exactly which URL you entered in the route checker, and from which servers you checked reachability. Mine was https://www.duckduckgo.com and the server was Chamaeleon, US.
Edit: I noticed that www. redirects to duckduckgo.com, that's why it's a 301. Rechecking the domain without www is completely green across the board.
I have a use for ddg. Anyway, thank you for helping me. Turns out I had to set MTU to 1300 in Wireguard as someone in those threads replied. It's fixed now.