Not connected, Your IP: 18.216.135.115
Shotmaker

ANSWERED Connected and webpages loading during "Checking Ipv6" despite network lock turned on, was I exposed?

Wordy title but it explains my problem. Internet Lock was on, I was doing a Torrent and I got disconnected from a server, while I was reconnecting I noticed I was loading webpages and my torrent wasn't stopped while the message "Checking IpV6" was displayed. Did the Internet Lock mess up and expose me? I know The checking IpV6 messages come on after it says it's connecting but the client said I wasn't connected/I didn't get the notification that I was connected so idk if I was connected or not.

Fyi in qbittorent I already have the network interface set to "eddie" so it shouldn't've been working without the client on, but if you know anyway to be more secure with that program I welcome the advice.

I know his might be a dumb question but please give me a hand, I'm not an expert on this type of stuff.

@Shotmaker

Hello!

1 hour ago, Shotmaker said:

while I was reconnecting I noticed I was loading webpages and my torrent wasn't stopped while the message "Checking IpV6" was displayed.

The route check must necessarily take place after the connection has been already established successfully, because it is a check to make sure that the traffic goes through the VPN tunnel. Your traffic did not leak and you have no reason to worry.

1 hour ago, Shotmaker said:

Fyi in qbittorent I already have the network interface set to "eddie" so it shouldn't've been working without the client on, but if you know anyway to be more secure with that program I welcome the advice.

You are protected against traffic leaks both by Network Lock and by the network interface binding you describe. No leaks can occur. You have the impression that torrents did not stop immediately after a VPN disconnection just because the counters have a progressive modification in qBittorrent (as well as in many other torrent clients).

Kind regards