Not connected, Your IP: 3.144.100.38
Sign in to follow this  
gamuza

ANSWERED It doesn't connect to any

I jsut got AirVPN but when I go to connect to best recommended server it stalls and then disconnects and tries to connect to another one, and so on. It never connects. Any idea why it's doing that?

@gamuza

Hello!

Can you tell us your Operating System name and version as well as the name and version of the program you run to connect to AirVPN servers?

Kind regards

@gamuza

Hello!

You have forced Eddie to connect using IPv6, but either your network, router or ISP doesn't support IPv6. Please switch back to IPv4: in the Preferences > Networking window, change the Internet Protocol used for connection combo box to "IPv4, IPv6" (the default setting), click Save and test connections again. If your system supports IPv6, our VPN servers will allow you to use IPv6 over IPv4 even if your router and/or ISP do not support IPv6.

Kind regards

Hello!

The previous problem is resolved. When the connection attempt fails your network is unreachable according to OpenVPN:

. 2024.07.01 15:57:48 - OpenVPN > write UDP: Network is unreachable (code=51)
. 2024.07.01 15:57:48 - OpenVPN > Network unreachable, restarting
The error message hints at various options:
  • your network is down
  • your physical interface is down
  • the network is up but UDP is blocked directly in the machine (check firewall etc.)
Please test a connection over WireGuard to see whether WireGuard can't reach the network too. Switch to WireGuard in Preferences > Protocols window (uncheck Automatic, select any WireGuard line and click Save).

Kind regards

I don't understand why every time I go to a new place it doesnt connect. I got the VPN so I could go anywhere and connet automatically

10 hours ago, gamuza said:

I don't understand why every time I go to a new place it doesnt connect. I got the VPN so I could go anywhere and connet automatically

Hello!

It's not so simple with more and more networks in public places trying to block VPN and Tor activities. Please test connection modes capable to bypass blocks, such as OpenVPN over SSH and OpenVPN over SSL:
  • on Eddie's main window select "Preferences" > "Protocols"
  • uncheck "Automatic"
  • select a proper connection mode line (example some OpenVPN over SSH mode). The line will be highlighted
  • click "Save" and test again connections
  • in case of failure, repeat the procedure with a different port and/or connection mode (example SSL to port 443)
Kind regards