Not connected, Your IP: 18.218.207.253
Sign in to follow this  
SiblingHacker

Unable to SSH to Ubuntu Server while eddie-cli is on

Posted ... (edited)

I would like to be able to ssh to my Ubuntu Server while eddie-cli is connected, but I have not been successful in doing so. I have looked at a few posts here but have not been able to fix this issue. I have tried to put -n off when initiating the connection and tried to add iptable rules for this, but this has not helped. Frankly I am a bit disappointed that unlike AirVPN's competitor Mullvad's cli tool, eddie-cli does not have any easy way of excluding services or programs from being tunneled through your VPN. I wish this could be added as a feature so one would not have to fiddle with iptables which at least I am personally not very experienced with.

Setup is as follows:

Ubuntu Server in VLAN 1
Client trying to SSH is in VLAN 2

SSH works just fine when the server is not connected to the VPN so I just need to be able to exclude SSH from it somehow. Something I also don\t understand is how other services on this very same server are accessible through my client, just not SSH. Other things such as the self-hosted streaming service I have running on the same server works just fine.

Edited ... by SiblingHacker