Not connected, Your IP: 3.16.203.67
Sign in to follow this  
Leinad

ANSWERED Fluctuating connection

I'm running on windows 11 64bit. My issue at the current moment is that at the start of my connection to a server, speeds are roughly okay, but spike for a bit at a lower speed, and then just flatline for some reason. I linked my logs below and the speed graph itself.622747230_eddiefrustrations.png.22b902ae7e496cd2f915839be54453de.png

Eddie_SystemReport.txt

2 hours ago, Leinad said:

at the start of my connection to a server, speeds are roughly okay, but spike for a bit at a lower speed, and then just flatline for some reason

Hello!

Please try to switch to WireGuard and set various MTU starting from 1280 bytes Test whether or not you get a better and more consistent throughput with some specific MTU size. Note that Eddie 2.21.8 doesn't allow through an internal option to modify WireGuard's interface MTU, you will need Eddie 2.24.x, please see here:
https://airvpn.org/forums/topic/57401-eddie-desktop-224-beta-released/

In Eddie 2.24.x WireGuard is used by default in place of OpenVPN, anyway you can change mode in the Preferences > Protocols window (uncheck Automatic and then select a specific connection mode), while you can modify WireGuard's interface MTU in Preferences > WireGuard window.

Kind regards