Not connected, Your IP: 18.188.61.223
Sign in to follow this  
discov

ANSWERED Severe internet speed reduction after disconnecting from VPN

Dear community: Happy AirVPN user for many years, using Eddie in windows 11 through wifi network. Recently moved into new ISP known as Shell energy broadband in the UK and am currently experiencing an issue. My speed without VPN connection is 290 Mbps. I am getting a speed of 200 Mbps while connecting through AirVPN servers. The problem starts when I disconnect VPN after using for sometime and use regular connection. The speed severely reduces ie. to10 Mbps. No troubleshooting helps except resetting the router. However this happens only in the laptop where I have VPN, no issues on other laptops connected to the same wifi network. Any thoughts on what's going on here? I appreciate any help to resolve this issue.

@discov

Hello!

Please reset the TCP/IP stack of the Operating System of the device with the issue. If this and/or a device reboot resolves the problem, please make sure that the network interface driver is up to date. If the problem persists after the mentioned operations but is resolved only after the router has been rebooted, please upgrade the router firmware, if possible.

Kind regards