Not connected, Your IP: 3.15.174.76

Good morning,

I am a new user to airvpn and am pleased with recent reviews I've found about the service. However I myself cannot seem to get the vpn to connect. It attempts and then disconnects, forming an endless loop with different servers each time. I've looked around the forums to find an answer for this problem and have seen similar plights, but none of the provided answers have worked for me. I have attached my file log for scrutiny (from what I can tell there seems to be an inactivity issue, but I'm not sure). Any advice would be appreciated and welcome!
- Fire

airlog.txt

@firefox4dawin

Hello!

Apparently, something is blocking either UDP or OpenVPN. Please check any antimalware and packet filtering tool (including QoS tools) both on your system and router. If you find nothing blocking, try to switch to WireGuard and check what happens:
  • from Eddie's main window please select "Preferences" > "Protocols"
  • uncheck "Automatic"
  • select any line with WireGuard. The line will be highlighted.
  • click "Save" and re-start a connection to apply the change
  • please make sure to test a few servers in different locations around your node
If WireGuard can connect, the problem is OpenVPN specific. Otherwise, UDP might be blocked and you can try an OpenVPN over TCP connection. Again change connection mode as described above, but this time pick:
  • OpenVPN
  • protocol TCP
  • port 443
  • entry-IP address 3 (THREE)

Please update the thread when you can. Also feel free to open a ticket for direct assistance by the AirVPN Support Team.

Kind regards

Hello, thank you for the quick reply :)

No UDP blocking can be found, and both WireGuard and OpenVPN do not seem to be working for me. Here's the new log If you'd like to take a look. Thank you so much!

airlog2.txt

@firefox4dawin

Hello!

That's most unfortunate. We see that even OpenVPN over TCP with tls-crypt fails. As a last attempt please try OpenVPN alone, without Eddie, with TCP connection to port 443 of entry-IP address three. Instructions are here:
https://airvpn.org/windows/openvpn/terminal/

Probably it will fail but it's worth a test just in case the problem starts from Eddie (for example if it gets blocked by any tool such as an antimalware program).

Kind regards

Also getting a similar issue of the client constantly trying to connect to a server. If I turn off the automatic protocol option and select one that's not openvpn udp 443 then it connects (for example if I select 443 tcp, or wireguard udp 1637 it works like a charm). If I manually select openvpn udp 443, same things happens as if I have the automatic protocol option turned on. Also started happening very recently

19 minutes ago, _Sukuratchi said:

Also getting a similar issue of the client constantly trying to connect to a server. If I turn off the automatic protocol option and select one that's not openvpn udp 443 then it connects (for example if I select 443 tcp, or wireguard udp 1637 it works like a charm). If I manually select openvpn udp 443, same things happens as if I have the automatic protocol option turned on. Also started happening very recently

Hello!

OK, "Automatic" always picks OpenVPN + UDP and never changes, so you need WireGuard or OpenVPN + TCP, and you need to select them manually once and for all to circumvent the block. This seems different from the problem of OP anyway.

Kind regards

I'd like to extend my thanks for the staff member(s) who reached out to me with their help! I tried the command line fix and no change seemed to happen, so I left for the night and decided to try again today. It seems to be  working now using OpenVPN TCP, but other than the provided fix I changed nothing about the UI application. Whether it be the magic of the technology gods or the  wonderful work of the team, thank you!

Hi, I have the same issue as described by the OP. AirVPN has been working fine up until a couple weeks ago, and now I'm getting this constant loop of trying to connect and disconnecting.
I have tried the above suggestions, with WireGuard and OpenVPN, and get the same issues.

I attempted the command line (admin mode) OpenVPN attempt but get this error: 
Options error: Unrecognized option or missing or extra parameter(s) in AirVPN_Canada_TCP-443-Entry3.ovpn:22: data-ciphers (2.4.8)

15 hours ago, ihavenoidea12345 said:

I attempted the command line (admin mode) OpenVPN attempt but get this error: 
Options error: Unrecognized option or missing or extra parameter(s) in AirVPN_Canada_TCP-443-Entry3.ovpn:22: data-ciphers (2.4.8)

Hello!

OpenVPN directive "data-ciphers" is supported in OpenVPN 2.5 and newer versions while OpenVPN 2.4 does not support it. You may either upgrade OpenVPN (recommended: 2.4 is becoming too old) in your system or force the Configuration Generator to generate configuration files compatible with OpenVPN 2.4. To do so, in the CG web page enable "Advanced" mode and then set the "OpenVPN configuration" combo box to "2.4". Finally generate and download as usual.

Kind regards