Not connected, Your IP: 3.144.12.205
go558a83nk

ANSWERED "Best" is determined by absolute or relative usage?

It seems to me that the "best" server for a location is determined by absolute usage rather than % of total bandwidth.  And this is something more important than just info on the web site.  My understanding is that DNS resolution of location general domains changes to reflect what the system thinks is "best" at that moment.  So if best is determined in a flawed manner people may be connecting to a server that is not best :)  Anyway, I'm noting that for Zurich the 10gigabit server (Xuange) is the least used by % of total bandwidth, but is not listed as the best server.  My opinion is that it should be.

why do you think it's just the % of bandwidth that matters and not also the latency? I think a combo is used that takes multiple factors into account when deciding `best`.

46 minutes ago, ss11 said:

why do you think it's just the % of bandwidth that matters and not also the latency? I think a combo is used that takes multiple factors into account when deciding `best`.

Maybe I need to edit my post, but I'm talking about what's "best" as described on this web site, looking at the servers info.  There's no way they know anything about latency there.

14 hours ago, go558a83nk said:

It seems to me that the "best" server for a location is determined by absolute usage rather than % of total bandwidth.  And this is something more important than just info on the web site.  My understanding is that DNS resolution of location general domains changes to reflect what the system thinks is "best" at that moment.  So if best is determined in a flawed manner people may be connecting to a server that is not best :)  Anyway, I'm noting that for Zurich the 10gigabit server (Xuange) is the least used by % of total bandwidth, but is not listed as the best server.  My opinion is that it should be.

Hello!

For the purpose of domain name resolutions, VPN server scores are computed on the following variables: average ping (between VPN servers themselves); average load; average users; known issues; ISP reliability. In the case of Xuange, currently it does not achieve the "best" score in Europe or in Switzerland because the amount of connected users is sufficiently high to outweigh the amount of free bandwidth.

Kind regards

1 hour ago, Staff said:

Hello!

For the purpose of domain name resolutions, VPN server scores are computed on the following variables: average ping (between VPN servers themselves); average load; average users; known issues; ISP reliability. In the case of Xuange, currently it does not achieve the "best" score in Europe or in Switzerland because the amount of connected users is sufficiently high to outweigh the amount of free bandwidth.

Kind regards

ok thank you for the explanation.