Not connected, Your IP: 18.223.172.252
exponent

PCWorld 2024 New Year's Review

The company’s no-log policy is very clearly stated and it’s forthcoming with what data it does and does not collect. That’s all well and good, but unfortunately it’s lacking an independent third-party audit, meaning users are left to take AirVPN at its word.

Third-party audits are becoming a bit of a necessity for VPN providers nowadays and for a company like AirVPN, which is so focused on user privacy—the founders created the service to protect net neutrality after all—it’s disappointing that it has never undergone an independent audit to back up its claims.

I wonder how many more times reviewers and customers alike will have to say this before AirVPN realizes being audited would be a benefit for its mission, its brand, and its overall appeal to costumers.

Features such as the ability to unblock geo-restricted content and optimize connections for speed are becoming just as important as privacy and security.

This part of the conclusion cracked me up. No, accessing geo-restricted streaming services is not as important as privacy and security lol.

On 1/3/2024 at 12:00 AM, Crewman6639 said:

Features such as the ability to unblock geo-restricted content and optimize connections for speed are becoming just as important as privacy and security.

This part of the conclusion cracked me up. No, accessing geo-restricted streaming services is not as important as privacy and security lol. 

LOL it's hilarious for sure! how can some writer even put on the same level a human right and watching netflix? it's obvious that watching netflix against tos is much more important, who cares about privacy, nothing to hide nothing to fear :D
I wonder who the fuck is the typical reader of this pcworld magazine...

On 1/7/2024 at 6:57 AM, Quallian said:

LOL it's hilarious for sure! how can some writer even put on the same level a human right and watching netflix? it's obvious that watching netflix against tos is much more important, who cares about privacy, nothing to hide nothing to fear :D
I wonder who the fuck is the typical reader of this pcworld magazine...

I think the author is correct. Normies care little about privacy and more about junk media & gaming at full speed.
You'd be surprised how many know little, or nothing at all about protecting their privacy on the web. I don't think many care either.