Not connected, Your IP: 3.15.156.140
AndrewWKD

Air vpn on my Laptop is not working

Hi, I have just bought  a laptop and have got another year of vpn, I decided to log in on my laptop and purchase it as its always been on my phone.
After I bought it I installed it and it just keeps connecting to a place then disconnecting after a few seconds and this is just repeating and its really annoying.

What should I do or what can I do?

Regards

J.C

Reboot your computer (not shutdown + startup), launch Eddie and try a connection. Then provide a system report:.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

You are having the same problem I had. Please read this post and you have the solution: 

I will leave the steps here anyway:

1. Log in to airvpn website
  2. Go to the "Client Area"
  3. Under "VPN Devices" click on the "Manage" button
  4. Click on "Add a new device" button
  5. Wait a few seconds
  6. Click on the pencil button next to the "New device" name to edit it
  7. Enter the name for the new device (Laptop, Computer, whatever)
  8. Log out from Eddie in your laptop
  9. Log in again and this time you should see a "Device" dropdown under the "Password" text field
  10. Select the newly added device
  11. Connect to the server you wish to
  12. Test your connection and see if you experience the disconnects

Summary: Each time you log in to Eddie with your account on a new device, you'll have to previously create a new device under the Client Area in AirVPN website, and then assign it to your specific devices. If you use the same "VPN device" on multiple physical devices, they kick each other out and you end up getting disconnections every minute. Other VPN providers have an automatic way to manage this, but here we have to do it manually.
Please let me know if it worked for you.

8 hours ago, pHxaq said:

Summary: Each time you log in to Eddie with your account on a new device, you'll have to previously create a new device under the Client Area in AirVPN website, and then assign it to your specific devices. If you use the same "VPN device" on multiple physical devices, they kick each other out and you end up getting disconnections every minute. Other VPN providers have an automatic way to manage this, but here we have to do it manually.

You've got your individual problem wrong: You intentionally tried to connect with the same key pair to the same server, using the same port and protocol. You will get assigned the same internal IP address, and there cannot be two devices with the same address in a network, so the older connection gets kicked.
Your solution was to create a second key pair. This way connections with separate pairs get treated as separate clients, and you are free to use the same server with the same port/protocol.
Regardless of whether other VPN providers do this automatically or not (which I find difficult to believe), other providers don't guarantee you bandwidth for every key pair, among other things. I will have you retract that statement of yours.

OP's problem is not clear yet, but it is clear that it's not the same as yours, otherwise the connection on the computer would work and Android's connection would break down. But there is no connection in the first place, necessitating the system report to glance at the error messages.

8 hours ago, OpenSourcerer said:

You've got your individual problem wrong: You intentionally tried to connect with the same key pair to the same server, using the same port and protocol. You will get assigned the same internal IP address, and there cannot be two devices with the same address in a network, so the older connection gets kicked. --> I may have got my problem technically wrong (I'm an average Joe), but see what OP said: "After I bought it I installed it and it just keeps connecting to a place then disconnecting after a few seconds and this is just repeating and its really annoying."

Your solution was to create a second key pair. This way connections with separate pairs get treated as separate clients, and you are free to use the same server with the same port/protocol.
Regardless of whether other VPN providers do this automatically or not (which I find difficult to believe), --> By my own experience with other vpn providers in the past, never had I had to do any configurations to use their app in multiple devices, regardless the protocol used.

other providers don't guarantee you bandwidth for every key pair, among other things. 

I will have you retract that statement of yours. --> You made the necessary clarifications to my mistake, and I appretiate that. 

OP's problem is not clear yet, but it is clear that it's not the same as yours, otherwise the connection on the computer would work and Android's connection would break down. But there is no connection in the first place, necessitating the system report to glance at the error messages. --> What I highlighted in the first paragraph is exactly what happened to me. Could be a different issue? Yes, but it sounds very similar. Of course, his logs will provide more accurate information, I just wanted to share my experience to see if it helped. Will avoid further participation in the future though.

17 hours ago, pHxaq said:

I may have got my problem technically wrong (I'm an average Joe), but see what OP said: "After I bought it I installed it and it just keeps connecting to a place then disconnecting after a few seconds and this is just repeating and its really annoying."

As I said, if the same key pair is used, the connection would've been established and the older connection kicked out. Here, no connection can be established in the first place, hinting at a local issue instead. That's why I stepped in to correct you. It's nothing personal.

By my own experience with other vpn providers in the past, never had I had to do any configurations to use their app in multiple devices, regardless the protocol used.

Other VPN providers also don't offer exact per-key pair control of DNS lists, DDNS entries, forwarded ports and other features (port forwarding is even on the decline with others). There is much sense in doing this manually instead of relying on automations for this. It's not really comparable.

What I highlighted in the first paragraph is exactly what happened to me. Could be a different issue? Yes, but it sounds very similar. Of course, his logs will provide more accurate information, I just wanted to share my experience to see if it helped. Will avoid further participation in the future though

Issues often sound similar, but rarely have the same cause. It's been shown time and time again in the past, so understanding this is essential. The swiftest indicator for whether either of us was right is the system report with the logs. :)