Not connected, Your IP: 18.191.116.114
Sign in to follow this  
deptofrichie

Poor P2P speeds

hi

been using Airvpn with u torrent for about a year now and generally v.happy, on a 60meg cable connection its not unusual to see 1 to 2Mb/s p2p and 30M/s speedchecked over vpn.

about a week ago something changed and now i seem to max out at <100k/s p2p but still test quite well on a speed check..

thinking it was utorrent i've tried a different client (Tixalti) but the speeds remained much the same.

tonight i've noticed if i run tixalti with the VPN off i get 1M/s. turn the VPN on and it drops back to <100k.

any ideas what he problem is? I've set up port forwarding but its made no difference.

any hekp appreciated.

hi

been using airvpn for abput a year with utorrent and always been harpy.

on a 30meg cable connection i used to get about 1Mb/s downloads.

about a week ago something changed and i now cap out at 100k/s

thinking this was a utorrent problem i switched to Tixatil but speed have not improved.

tonight i used Tixalti without airvpn and i'm back to getting 1M/s p2p. turn on Airvpn and it drops to <100k/s.

anyone any ideas what the problem might be? I've set up port forwarding but that's not helped. could it be a firewall issue? if so, any suggestions where to start?

Help much appreciated.