Not connected, Your IP: 3.145.99.226
Venhedish

Eddie fails to connect to any server

Hi. I just purchased a subscription and installed the eddie client on windows 11 for the first time. When I try to connect to any server, it attmpts to connect for about 30 seconds, then disconnects and tries again with a different server. I've tried selecting servers in different countries, disabling my firewall, and the few other solutions I've found searching through the forums, but nothing worked.

Most of the technical stuff is above my head, but nothing in my log jumped out at me as an obvious error, so I'm stumped.

Eddie_20230608_130515.txt

What kind of vpn connection are you trying ? Wireguard or OpenVPN? Is there another VPN on your system? The log says it cannot reach your tun device.

Also, the cause might be the WinTUN device recently introduced. Please configure Eddie to use a certain tun adapter (of a given name). Please see this post to better understand how to do it (follow Staff's steps):

@Venhedish

Hello!

Apparently UDP is blocked. Please make sure that no packet filtering tool, either on the router or system, blocks UDP. Also check any QoS (Quality of Service, traffic management) tool on your system, router and network interface device driver (lately some drivers have a QoS tool built-in) and disable it. Last but not least make sure that no antimalware tool blocks OpenVPN traffic.

After all of the above, if the problem persists switch to a TCP connection:
  • from Eddie's main window select "Preferences" > "Protocols"
  • uncheck "Automatic"
  • select the line with OpenVPN, protocol TCP, port 443, entry-IP address 3. The line will be highlighted
  • click "Save" and test again connections to various servers

Kind regards
AirVPN Support Team