Not connected, Your IP: 54.210.83.20
AmineZary

Fails to access any server

@AmineZary

Hello!

It looks like DCO is the cause of the problem, as Eddie tries to use it together with OpenVPN 2.5.5, which is impossible:
. 2023.05.30 22:46:01 - Using WinTun network interface "OpenVPN Data Channel Offload (OpenVPN Data Channel Offload)"
. 2023.05.30 22:46:02 - OpenVPN > All wintun adapters on this system are currently in use or disabled.
. 2023.05.30 22:46:02 - OpenVPN > Exiting due to fatal error

Try the following setting, it should resolve the problem:
  • from Eddie's main window select "Preferences" > "Networking"
  • type eddie in the "VPN interface name" (you may also pick any other very short name you like - just use ASCII characters though)
  • click "Save"
  • test again connections to various servers
With the above settings, Eddie will create a new virtual network interface and ignore any other existing virtual interface. Please feel free to keep us and the community posted.

Kind regards

@AmineZary

Hello!

The previous problem has been resolved. Now you have a different problem: UDP packets seem blocked. First and foremost, please make sure that no packet filtering tool blocks UDP. Check both your router and system, please.

If you find nothing blocking, maybe your ISP is the "culprit". Consider to switch to the following connection mode:
  • from Eddie's main window select "Preferences" > " Protocols"
  • uncheck "Automatic"
  • select the line with OpenVPN, protocol TCP, port 443, entry-IP address THREE. The line will be highlighted
  • click "Save"
The above connection mode is able to bypass a wide variety of blocks.

Kind regards

Hello!

Now a new different problem came out:
W 2023.05.31 10:18:43 - Windows WFP, Add rule failed: App not found:{2}

We will have Eddie's developer chime in, but apparently there's a serious problem between Eddie and the Windows Filtering Platform. Out of info, if you disable Network Lock does this problem get resolved (this is not to say that you should keep Network Lock disabled, but to understand what happens)? We also wonder why you did not have this error earlier, maybe you had Network Lock disabled?

Can you also add a system report? Please see here to do so:
https://airvpn.org/forums/topic/50663-youve-been-asked-for-a-support-filesystem-report-–-heres-what-to-do/

Kind regards

Thank you for your patience.
In fact, I have yet to use the network Lock function since I have not been able to connect to any server until now.
I noticed the WFP error and spent the past 2 hours reading docs on Microsoft help pages but I have to admit this is now a bit beyond my abilities.
I have also scoured this forum history but found no workable solution for this problem.
I'm attaching the system report generated just now.

Eddie_system_report_20230531.txt

Hello!

If you keep Network Lock disabled, does Eddie complete a connection successfully? Do you run any third party firewall and/or antimalware tool? If so, does the problem persist if you test with all of them momentarily disabled?

Kind regards

Hi,

All the reports on this thread were with Network Lock disabled (so no successful connection).
I'm only running stock Windows 10 Defender firewall and disabling it still had Eddie showing the WFP error.

Update: I was finally able to connect to the servers using the OpenVPN GUI loading a config file generated on this site with the TCP443 entry-IP address three protocol (support's idea)

I still don't know why my system doesn't like Eddie or how to forward a port using config files but I have an active session !  \0/

Hello!

We're very glad to see that a connection mode capable to bypass the block has been found. The problem with Eddie is still unexplained, we see from the ticket, unfortunately. Port forwarding does not depend on the software you run to connect, so you can use remote port forwarding exactly in the same way, no matter which software you run to connect. Quick reference for your comfort:
https://airvpn.org/faq/port_forwarding/

Kind regards