Not connected, Your IP: 54.210.85.205
Staff

[ENDED] AirVPN 13th birthday celebrations

Hello!

Today we're starting AirVPN 13th birthday celebrations offering special, strong discounts on longer term plans.

From a two servers service located in a single country providing a handful of Mbit/s, the baby has grown up to a wide infrastructure in 23 countries in four continents, providing now 284,000 Mbit/s to tens of thousands of people around the world.

AirVPN is now one of the only three major consumers' VPNs which are still independent, i.e. not owned by big corporations with multiple fields interests, interfering in editiorial publications or intersecting with products or services in conflict with privacy protection.

Ever since we celebrated the past 12th birthday, AirVPN operated important, community driven changes:

• infrastructure power up. Through hardware renewal and new 2, 5 and 10 Gbit/s full duplex lines the infrastructure may deliver now up to 284,000 Mbit/s (full duplex) (+40,000 Mbit/s in one year)
  • additional rewrite of the port forwarding, DDNS and key management service allowing multiple DDNS names and forwarded ports on a device basis
  • various, new optional lists to block spam, ads, trackers and other malicious sources, featuring a unique and fine grained customization which is exclusive on the nowadays market
  • revamped API
  • new API Explorer to generate API call commands and examples from the web interface

On the software side, all AirVPN applications and libraries are still free and open source software released under GPLv3. The development of traffic-splitting features on an application basis, already available in AirVPN Eddie Android and Android TV edition, has been planned for Desktop systems too.

Check the promotional prices here: https://airvpn.org/buy

13th Birthday celebrations and special discounts

Kind regards and datalove
AirVPN Staff 

Happy Birthday AirVPN! I recall wonder and excitement when I was a teen at the birth and during the growth of AirVPN and quite a few peachy projects in Brussels, Rome, Barcelona... Sweet dreams come true sometimes. Can't believe it was a decade ago (and more). My love to you all, adorable heroes of the Internet. 😘 🤗

Posted ... (edited)

When does the Birthday sale end?

Sorry for the double post but I am looking for a response!

Edit: I realized I can just buy a coupon code and hold it until I need it! Yay.

Edited ... by mythrare
New Idea

I saw some VPN competitors providing protecting against "attack of quantum computers", is that true? And 20 Gbit/s servers too, hope, we gonna do at least all the servers 5-10 Gbit/s first.

Not sure, but Twitch or someone (my ISP) blocking AirVPN while on Wireguard? 

And I see we usually never doing full servers cap at speeds, is this predifined special policy to keep servers light?

Congratulations with holiday.

On 6/4/2023 at 3:11 AM, bnrrteterstnjrsj45 said:

I saw some VPN competitors providing protecting against "attack of quantum computers", is that true? And 20 Gbit/s servers too, hope, we gonna do at least all the servers 5-10 Gbit/s first.

Hello!

By adding WireGuard's pre-shared key we are ready to deploy an additional encryption layer supposed to be "quantum resistant". It's important NOT to deploy it right now because ciphers thought to be "post-quantum world ready" are not well reviewed and it may happen that they can be cracked with a classic computer. It happened for example to Rainbow last year. Rainbow was a cipher meant to resist even to quantum computers. It was the state-of-the-art cryptography algorithm in the world, rivaled only by other two algorithms. Except that it was cracked with a modest CPU laptop a year ago or so. :D
https://www.newscientist.com/article/2310369-encryption-meant-to-protect-against-quantum-hackers-is-easily-cracked/

We have 20 Gbit/s server lines as well (10 Gbit/s full duplex). However those lines can not be saturated at the moment due to CPU limits: with a few dozen of connected clients, all vCPU limit is reached well before the line is saturated. This is due mainly to the computational power required by the encryption algorithms and marginally by other reasons.

Not sure, but Twitch or someone (my ISP) blocking AirVPN while on Wireguard? 

Unfortunately WireGuard is not difficult to block, so it's possible that your ISP blocks it. For additional investigation feel free to open a ticket at your convenience.

And I see we usually never doing full servers cap at speeds, is this predifined special policy to keep servers light?

You over-estimate us. :) Yes, we have implemented a lot of things to load balance the servers, but it still happens that some servers go at capacity, it's unavoidable, especially nowadays when 1 Gbit/s residential lines are common.

Congratulations with holiday.

Thanks! Starting the 14th year of AirVPN's life. :)

Kind regards

I still "placidly" stay above 700 Mbit/s almost always, with 800 Mbit/s bursts in non-peak hours from Europe to Europe when I find the "right" server. Happy Birthday!

Posted ... (edited)

Wow, been that long. Checked my profile & looks like I've been using your service for 10 of those 13 years, so far. You are definitely an appreciated & necessary part of my "digital" life, transactions & interactions as much as the traditional internet & mobile phone services we are all dependent on more & more to do practically anything through telecommunications. I don't always feel it daily, but I know how very hard all the staff are working for themselves & the service they provide to AirVPN customers. Could never fathom all the difficulties & challenges to maintain, expand & defend this service & the equipment/staff involved. You are all true warriors & I hope to continue to support/subscribe to your efforts because they benefit all of us.

Edited ... by doncoyote