Not connected, Your IP: 13.58.112.1
Useranon99

Router config- no credentials needed?

I noticed when I generate a router config file directly instead of using Eddie, at no point am I required to authenticate with my username and password. I assume because I am already logged into airvpn.org prior to generating the router config that my authentication is embedded in the private key that is generated? 

Otherwise, it seems odd that there is no username or way to authenticate as you'd need with a software VPN client. Obviously, I know little about security or would not be asking this question. :-) 

17 hours ago, Useranon99 said:

I noticed when I generate a router config file directly instead of using Eddie, at no point am I required to authenticate with my username and password. I assume because I am already logged into airvpn.org prior to generating the router config that my authentication is embedded in the private key that is generated? 

Otherwise, it seems odd that there is no username or way to authenticate as you'd need with a software VPN client. Obviously, I know little about security or would not be asking this question. 🙂

correct, you're logged into your account on the web site so it knows what certs/keys to put in the config file (takes the place of username/password) based on what "device" you selected in the config generator. 

when properly utilizing entry IP 3.    it says use certifications not user name and password
client cert =.  what you chose to name it.       all the more valuable your key rotation is.... 

I didn't realize this either.... I opened up a support ticket and they explained this and the light over my head was illuminated and I fully understood this going forward 

I have not seen any other service setup this way.  Airvpn is truly unique