Not connected, Your IP: 18.117.158.47

I have a AirVPN router config installed on my Asus ac86u running Asus-Merlin . I have set my DNS on the routers LAN page to 10.4.1.0 and under WAN DNS settings I have it pointed to Pihole running on as Raspberry Pi . When I connect to AirVPn via router can someone explain how I can be leaking my ISP dns when connected to AirVPN servers.
I run Pihole to manage DNS when not connected to AirVPN . Maybe Ive got this setup all wrong and would appreciate some advise.

6 minutes ago, Air4141841 said:

I use 10.4.0.1

With pfsense and opnsense 

where did you find that was a dns server?

I'm saying that the setting in the openvpn config will force your system to obey the pushed DNS server that it receives from the VPN server when connecting.  And if you're using policy routing it'll do that for only the rules routed through that VPN client.  The setting name is "accept DNS configuration"

12 hours ago, Air4141841 said:

I use 10.4.0.1

With pfsense and opnsense 

where did you find that was a dns server?

typo my mistake, it is 10.4.0.1 that Im using. 

I still havent got an answer to why my IP's DNS is showing when Im connected to AirVPN server (with "exclusive") !! I open Firefox IPLeak.net shows No Dns leak giving AirVPN as DNS .   surfshark.com/dns-leak-test shows my IP's DNS with my IP logiin details !!

Which do I believe

4 hours ago, umanoid said:

surfshark.com/dns-leak-test shows my IP's DNS with my IP logiin details !!

That's some interesting results for my ISP line. I get a whole ton of dubious positives there, sourced from resolving just five domains, with SERVFAILs on AAAA queries. Google is always mentioned, despite me knowing for a fact it's not configured anywhere. Presumably this will be reduced to only one result when using SurfShark. :D

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

5 hours ago, umanoid said:

I still havent got an answer to why my IP's DNS is showing when Im connected to AirVPN server (with "exclusive") !! I open Firefox IPLeak.net shows No Dns leak giving AirVPN as DNS .   surfshark.com/dns-leak-test shows my IP's DNS with my IP logiin details !!

Which do I believe

ip leak.net 

42 minutes ago, OpenSourcerer said:

That's some interesting results for my ISP line. I get a whole ton of dubious positives there, sourced from resolving just five domains, with SERVFAILs on AAAA queries. Google is always mentioned, despite me knowing for a fact it's not configured anywhere. Presumably this will be reduced to only one result when using SurfShark. :D

I get no leak from that surfshark test site.  It shows only the one DNS server that I have indeed configured.

I am not even using their service I am connected to airvpn 
:

No DNS leaks detected
You’re using Surfshark’s secure DNS servers.

Back again with this same issue. Is there a guide somewhere I can follow to set up everything to work with Asus-Merlin  and Pi-hole.? I am getting DNS leaks showing my ISP's DNS when Im connected to AirVPN servers. I just dont know where to go with this. I now have the router set to forward DNS requests to PIHole, that seems to be logging all connections but Surfshark etc shows my ISP DNS whereas IPleak doesnt?? That is VERY concerning .

" using a Pihole"
unless you are using Airvpn server 10.40.1. or the default gateway of the connection of the tunnel.   you will continue to have "leaks" 

if you are using external DNS>. you will always have leaks/ different DNS readings 

surf shark DNS leak test:   

Your DNS requests are exposed!
Whoever runs your DNS servers can log every website you visit.

use IPLEAK.net.   with airvpn.   that is their test server

What DNS are your clients receiving from DHCP? You need to advertise 10.4.0.1 (OpenVPN) or 10.128.0.1 (Wireguard). If you want to use something else, you need to setup a static route to move that DNS traffic through the VPN.