Not connected, Your IP: 54.146.154.243
jx35552zza

Suggestion: More reliable Cancel button

I would really like to see the "Cancel" button work instantly (or just within seconds) whenever the screen is saying "Checking route IPv4" or "Checking authorization".

Reasoning:
For a bit of time, I've had a lot of issues with Eddie being stuck on "Checking route IPv4" or "Checking authorization".
When I realize that Eddie is stuck, I would like to cancel and try something else to hopefully solve the issue and try again.
However, clicking the cancel button does not really do much. For the Checking route IPv4 message, I usually have to wait about 3 minutes for it to work, and for Checking authorization it is usually 2 minutes for each retry it does.

Eddie 2.22.2
Arch Linux x86_64
Kernel 6.2.6-arch1-1

(The unexpected crash in the image is probably me killing Eddie for not closing)

eddie-checking-authorization-stuck_20230322_160135.png

If I recall correctly, changing NetLock did not solve the issue. But I am not 100% sure about that.

I've changed Eddie back to automatically starting on system boot (so that I can test if disabling NetLock does anything).
I will reply once I experience the issue again, which feels like a 50% chance on each boot.

Disabling autostart of Eddie on system boot, is a working temporary fix.
I have a slight suspicion that it's due to a race condition somewhere, since manually starting Eddie means starting it later compared to before.

I have the same problem on Mac OS. It takes almost 2 minutes to cancel the connection attempt when it is in progress of checking routes.

On 3/24/2023 at 6:01 AM, OpenSourcerer said:

Does the same thing happen if NetLock is not engaged?

It happened when I started up my system today (With Eddie autostarting after boot).
However this time it was stuck on "Checking route IPv6" instead of "Checking route IPv4". I still think it is the same issue though.

Disabling Network Lock does NOT solve the issue.

I can usually get it working by killing both eddie-cli-elevated and eddie-ui, and then manually starting Eddie again.