Not connected, Your IP: 3.81.221.121
Sign in to follow this  
michigan82

Vuze -> error: socket selector.open() failed 10 times...

Just a quick question to all of you using Vuze alias Azureus and having the following error:

"error: socket selector.open() failed 10 times in a row, aborting. Azureus / Java is likely being firewalled."

That's the massage I get since yesterday. It suddenly appeared without any obvious reason. I haven't changed anything. But logically there must be a reason for the error to have occured. Otherwise it should work properly. I have Vuze 4.8.0.0 and Java 7 update 9. Anyone else with such an error?

Just a quick question to all of you using Vuze alias Azureus and having the following error:

"error: socket selector.open() failed 10 times in a row, aborting. Azureus / Java is likely being firewalled."

That's the massage I get since yesterday. It suddenly appeared without any obvious reason. I haven't changed anything. But logically there must be a reason for the error to have occured. Otherwise it should work properly. I have Vuze 4.8.0.0 and Java 7 update 9. Anyone else with such an error?

Hello!

Some hints and hopefully possible solutions:

http://forum.vuze.com/thread.jspa?messageID=187588

Kind regards

Thanks for your reply. I've already checked comodo firewall but there seems to be everything allright. Before there weren't any problems between vuze and comodo either. I already launched vuze with comodo completely disabled... but vuze nonetheless shows the same problem. Because of that I excluded comodo as the reason for the problem. In another forum I read that a user replaced java 7 by java 6 and then it worked again. Sounds a little mystic to me as some days ago it also worked with java 7 for me. It looks as if it was one of the problems that will take hours and days to solve... loving it...

best regards

mich

For those who should get this error too: I couldn't solve that problem. All suggesting solutions I took into consideration... but unfortunately they didn't solve the problem. For this reason I restored my system using a backup image. As I regularily make backups I decided not to waste my time but restoring completely my system-partition. And now it works again.

cheers,

mich

Hello mates, the problem appeared again so I had no choice and was forced to find out what exactly causes this error. And finally, after a lot of testing, I could find out. It is an windows update. For all of you using windows 7 64bit in conjunction with Vuze, the following update can produce the above described error:

Update for Microsoft Windows (KB2750841)

After deinstalling that update everything works perfectly again. For those of you interested in that update, here is the microsoft description: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2750841/en-us

cheers,

Mich