Not connected, Your IP: 3.137.161.222
iwih2gk

Eddie and Debian Bookworm

I am hoping somebody can help me with any Eddie settings that will make the client work on my Bookworm system.  I had to upgrade from Bullseye, where I was running Eddie without any issues at all.  It would be a blow on this end to find out I couldn't custom tailor Eddie to work on Bookworm.  Bookworm will be stable soon, but I know its a few months away.

Absent Eddie handling the task what process would I use with the config generator to connect to a few servers.  I just cannot use the computer in question without AirVpn.  TOR is an option but I don't want my ISP to have any idea I use TOR, such as right now making this post.

Help me please.

Ouch! over 60 reads and no ideas?

Maybe a Mod can give me an idea of what to try.  If I need to use network mgr so be it.

I decided to downgrade back to Bullseye and use newer linux images/kernels from backports and sid.  Working fine and does what I needed from the newer/higher images.  Pretty sure Bookworm will be stable by summer so we will need to have Eddie up for Deb 12 then.  Later my friends!!

lsb_releases -a        still shows Bullseye so Eddie must like it.  LOIL!!

You ask for help, yet don't post a single error message or even a description of what doesn't work? :) I feel like 60 views 0 answers is the only logical result in this case.

1 hour ago, iwih2gk said:

I decided to downgrade back to Bullseye and use newer linux images/kernels from backports and sid.  Working fine and does what I needed from the newer/higher images.  Pretty sure Bookworm will be stable by summer so we will need to have Eddie up for Deb 12 then.  Later my friends!!

You could say, the need to do such stunts to make something work on Debian is a good reason why I jumped that wreck of a ship. You've created a FrankenDebian which can break any time you use APT. I pray you've got a backup, and I hope it's an encrypted one. :D

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

I am good.  I did a FrankenDebian a few years ago and learned.  When I said I was back on Bullseye I meant I restored a perfectly clean Bullseye image using Macrium.  Bookworm is obviously completely gone from the system at this point.

My real struggles are trying to come up with a Debian system supporting the full 6E band and still able to use Eddie.  My new wifi setup does great with wifi 6 in the extended 5Ghz band but 6E is another creature.  Finding out I may have to just "park it" for awhile until linux catches up for that new band.  Thanks and I am sorry I didn't take the time to paste errors in.

My original post was to simply check and see if others here are easily running Eddie on their Bookworm OS yet??

14 hours ago, iwih2gk said:

My new wifi setup does great with wifi 6 in the extended 5Ghz band but 6E is another creature.  Finding out I may have to just "park it" for awhile until linux catches up for that new band.  Thanks and I am sorry I didn't take the time to paste errors in.

I think it's not Linux but the firmware which must support this. But if you don't get the newest firmware from the kernel tree via your distro repos, you're indeed in for a bit of waiting. :)

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.